Distilled Water Gone

Just returned from the store. No distilled water. My girl is at day 40. What should I do about water changes

1 Like

Go to a supermarket that sales Reverse Osmosis water from a primo or culligan machine as refills, Meijers, walmart,
Or find a water delivery company like Gordons water, Besco water comp, Primo etc…
Or buy a water distiller from amazon or eBay etc…
Or buy a under counter or counter top RO system that hooks to your sink faucet.
Or use tap water and ph it manually (ph up and down) before adding it to your reservoir.

5 Likes

@rsmith,

(NoWaterNo[ToiletPaper]): :non-potable_water:(:roll_of_toilet_paper:)

(PeopleThinkItsTheEndOfThe): :crazy_face::earth_americas::earth_asia::earth_africa::end::bomb::confused:

Summary

--

(TheEnd): :end:

--

:crazy_face:

--

:crazy_face::confused:

3 Likes

I’d go to a pet store that sells saltwater fish, they usually also sell RO water. That’s where I get mine from currently.

3 Likes

Is it from a machine or bottle form there?

A place like petsmart would sell it in gallon possibly up to 3 gallong containers. The locally owned aquatic shops in your area just have the RO/DI units and water in storage tanks. They would fill whatever containers you bring. I have 5 gallon buckets, or containers on wheels pending my ability to carry them around and such.

3 Likes

Hello to all just getting started here hopefully not a dumb question but should I use this in the beginning of planting my seed or when its popped already n use it in my next drain n fill

1 Like

Definitely starting with the hydroguard for fill up but recharge does that come now or l8ter

I’m having that issue too. I can’t afford my own machine for distilled water. If I use tap water do I just recalibrate the ph monitor and put it in? Then wouldn’t the nutrients just balance out the water? OR Do I have to add ph drops to the water to change the water tank’s PH? Any advice would be helpful.

I would recalibrate if you the switch. Here is a cheapish option for a filter that would work for most.

Check this out at Amazon.com
Aquaboon 10"x2.5" Whole House Clear Standard Transparent System 2 Stages (3/4" Brass Port+Valve-in-Head)+Bracket+String Wound And Carbon Water Filter Cartridges | Compatible Ronaqua RA-125-10D-PS-CTO Aquaboon 10"x2.5" Whole House Clear Standard Transparent System 2 Stages (3/4" Brass Port+Valve-in-Head)+Bracket+String Wound And Carbon Water Filter Cartridges | Compatible Ronaqua RA-125-10D-PS-CTO - - Amazon.com

1 Like

Here in town I’m experiencing a water shortage. How bad would it be if I boil water and let it sit over 24 hours before filling?

Have you…
Go to a supermarket that sales Reverse Osmosis water from a primo or culligan machine as refills, Meijers, walmart,
Or find a water delivery company like Gordons water, Besco water comp, Primo etc…
Or buy a water distiller from amazon or eBay etc…
Or buy a under counter or counter top RO system that hooks to your sink faucet.
Or use tap water and ph it manually (ph up and down) before adding it to your reservoir.

I saw your response already. I’m asking outside of your list

Found RO water at a fish & reptile store!

2 Likes

Boiling water won’t get rid of physical substances in your water, like minerals. That said, if your water is high quality you should be fine. My tap is pH 7 with an average ppm of 40-45. Leaving the water out for a full day allows chlorine to evaporate (chloramine will still be there though).

4 Likes

Hello every hope everyone is doing fine in this pandemic.

Quick question, is it safe to use distilled water that’s written on the bottle that it’s for batteries or is there no difference?

Thanks!

1 Like

Its just regular distilled water without minerals.
The most common water to use to fill a battery is distilled.
One of the simplest choices to make is using distilled water to fill your batteries . The electrolyte in a flooded deep cycle battery is a solution of acid and water . Using distilled or deionized water is recommend because it is free from additional minerals you would find in water such as regular tap water

Batteries want water with few if any minerals. At the grocery store you can buy distilled water that has no minerals added. This is good for batteries and it is not marked " drinking water ". Distilled water marked " drinking water " has has had minerals added so it is compatible with our internal systems.

1 Like

@lyrix010 if the distilled water is deionized it will be fine. However, deionized water tenders to be more expensive than regular distilled water.

I was stationed at a LORAN station when I was in the Coast Guard and the only water we could use to cool the transmitter was deionized and the stuff wasn’t cheap. That was 15 years ago, so the prices have probably gone down.