Did I ruin my grow?

Day 7 of germination and nothing. I was a little concerned from first planting the seed into my cocopod that i had pushed the seed down too far and used too much of a piece to bury it with. I did pull a lot of it out tonight with a tooth pick and found the seed. Does not even looked cracked. I reburried as suggested in the instructions and am just curious if I should start all over and not waste any more time or money?

2 Likes

I would try a new seed, or germinate that one, outside of the Grobo

3 Likes

I think the average is 4-10 days. I germinated outside the grobox. I stuck my seed into a glass of distilled water over night and it popped by the time I woke up so I planted it in the coco pod to finish germinating.

2 Likes

I know im being impatient but did i compromise the seed by digging it up? I didn’t touch it with my hands or anything. My cocopod was damp and did drip from the bottom when I picked it up also. @Stephen any suggestions?
Thanks

1 Like

Hey @GrowinGrowingGone,

If I’ve not seen the seed above the coco pod by day 7, I’m pitching the seed and starting fresh. I’ll go in and investigate on day 4 if I’ve not seen the lid pop up a bit. If the seed has cracked, I’ll gently put the lid back in place and wait another couple days.

For your example, 7 days and the seed hasn’t even cracked? Start again…

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

Ok back to the drawing board. Any idea what i did wrong?
Thanks

1 Like

@GrowinGrowingGone,

((#Seed)): :egg: :((#Germination)): :seedling: ((#YouTubeVideo)): :video_camera:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Starting+From+Seed+How+to+start+Growing+Cannabis

--
If you haven’t thrown away the seed you could try to soak in good water overnight (12 hours) I believe it is: Tap it in the morning to see if it sinks… Get a sopping napkin to lay the successful seed into, and for the next 24 hours see if you get a root:

Summary

Successful Roots:

Drain excessive water off:

Fold Napkin over the seed for the night: Place in a dark place:

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

--

((#Dancing)):

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::rofl:

--

:wink::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Popped a new seed in tonight. Fished the old one out of my cocopod and it hadnt even cracked. Was dark and ugly looking. Just for shits, I put it in a shot glass of distilled water and it sank right to the bottom which I think is a sign its no bueno? Anyways, fingers crossed i see some better results in a few days. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

1 Like

Day 7 and if I hadn’t opened it she wouldn’t have popped as she kept circling

3 Likes

So what did you do? Remove the shell and or add supports?

1 Like

That’s what’s she looked like after I took tweezers and gently tugged her out of a full looped circle. When she came above the pod cover, because of the extra bend she looked like the photo above. That plant in the photo above is my monster burning in my grow thread. `
From that point she unfurled slowly during grow. She still has a curve

2 Likes

Great save! :+1::seedling::medal_sports:

2 Likes

She also got dampening

2 Likes

Damping off, but it’s not bad. Keep an eye on where the stem meets the coco pod. If it starts to get black(necrotic) then she’s done. You want to keep the top of your pod moist, not wet!!! Very important at this point as Todd is correct :+1::v:

2 Likes