Decided to defoliate during day 2 of flower

Hello fellow growers. I’m currently doing auto seed Northern Lights. She’s currently on day 2 of flower stage. She was very bushy. I did research and found that it was ok to defoliate early in flower stage. I’m still green and admit to being nervous doing this as I wasn’t trying to kill her. I removed some of the fans to allow light to hit those sights where she’s going to flower at. I won’t be touching her from today on and ride her till the end. The first pic you can see how bushy she was. Hopefully she will blossom. She’s not very tall, but that’s due to an error on the recipe, but that’s another story. Anyhow, she recovered from that. Now hoping for the best. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

5 Likes

Looks nice. You did the right thing. I can see more budsites now than the first pictures, and those discolored leaves had to go too! :slight_smile:

If you have some magnetic hooks and some plant ties you might be able to open her up a little more by training some of those bud sites towards the sides of the Grobo too! Up to you though!

3 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate your feedback.

2 Likes

Give her a water change if you haven’t already and let her recover. She looks unhappy because of the defoliation but she will bounce back.

2 Likes

What’s defoliating? I’m on day 12 of early veg and this is what she’s looking like.

1 Like

Defoliate is to give her a a trim and get rid of excess fan leaves to open her up a bit.

1 Like

I defoliated her again to get rid of all those excess fan leaves. Now those bud sights have light and can really bloom. I’m just going to let her bloom and hopefully those bud sights can really come alive. Let me know what you think. Thanks again for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

I checked up on her today after I defoliated her yesterday. She seems to have rebounded pretty good. Here are the pics below:

3 Likes

She definitely rebounded, looking nice man!

3 Likes