Decarboxylator - make your buds better up to 50%

But would you smoke what you decarbed?? In the blog I read it said you can do that to make it stronger.

4 Likes

I don’t think you would. I’m pretty sure decarb-ing is for making edibles etc. I mean I’ve been smoking for 15 years almost and never decarb-ed to smoke, but if that’s a thing then why the heck have I not been doing that :joy:

3 Likes

Smoke or Vaporize it

I know what you’re thinking, why would I need to decarb my cannabis if I’ll be smoking or vaping it? Doesn’t it get decarbed during the smoking and vaping? While it is true that smoking and vaping perform some decarb during the process, they aren’t efficient and there is waste. A joint is a great way to understand this concept: While the smoke is caused by the combustion (or flame) you use to light the joint, nearly all of the cannabinoids that come into contact with the combustion will simply burn off or quickly turn to ash. Each time you take a puff of your joint, you are pulling the hot air through the rolled cannabis.

perfect-rolled-blunt

That hot air is vaporizing the cannabinoids in the joint and some decarb is occuring as well, but the time it takes you to smoke the joint is much faster than the full decarb process can be completed. While you still may feel a strong effect, you only consumed a fraction of what that joint could have given you. On the other hand, smoking a joint filled with decarbed flower from your Nova means all that the hot air needs to do is pull the already activated THC off the plant matter, and into the smoke you inhale. Whatever touches the flame will still burn off, but the additional mg’s of activated THC in your smoke will give you a stronger, more effective joint. Combustion on already decarbed flower will also create more CBN, which is very sedative. Many patients who are seeking a deep relaxation effect (for example patients suffering from PTSD or insomnia) prefer to decarb before smoking to both maximize THC and increase the CBN intake.

The same principles apply to vaporizing, which means with decarbed flower, you will get more yield while vaporizing. You can also vape at the lowest possible temps while still experiencing a strong effect

8 Likes

All I can say is wow…

That’s mind blowing to think of all the flower I’ve consumed and it could have been so much better lol… I honestly thought it was just for activation for infusing with edibles, lotions and all that. The complexity of this plant amazes me :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Just went to the website. Looks like I’m picking up one of these babies asap Lol

3 Likes

We have had an ardent for 6 months since we saw it on “most expensivist.” You can and should smoke the bud after decarbing it in the machine, it makes it “super weed,” get you really high I promise you won’t be disappointed. Also you can eat it or run it again with oil mixed with bud to do the infusion.

It only takes up to an ounce 1.5 hours and it has a nice different cannabis odor that smells kinda nutty lol.

Here is a pic with the normal bud on the left and decarb on the right. Tastes a little different and the smell is more discrete.

6 Likes

That’s wicked Ovie, after reading what Mcmanis posted and then doing some of my own I’m for sure looking into getting this, wonder if they’ll have a black Friday sale…lol

3 Likes

That’s cool! Is the taste better than the non decarb-ed flower?

3 Likes

It will save you money, it makes my bud last longer for sure!

4 Likes

The First time we did it was on some gelato and it honestly smelled like an almonds smell that was weird at first but now it smells good to me. The taste is different also.

4 Likes

For me, reading and hearing about it, at the end of the day it makes sense to decarb, if it makes last longer then I’m saving money down the road. On top of getting more effectively “medicated” lol, I only use recreationally.

4 Likes

or just get a vaporizer and activate those cannabinoids at a lower temperature and at the same time you are decarboxylating your fresh cannabis and the result is you can make edibles with the product after you have enjoyed it. Enjoy your weed twice :wink:

10 Likes

That was a great read! Thanks McManis!

3 Likes

Anyone on here have a levo 2? Wonder if it decarboxylates without turning into oil? Looks like I have some research to do, I bought the levo months ago and was waiting for harvest to try it out.
I just spoke to levo company and was told that the activation button is considered decarbing. If anyone has one id love some tips!

4 Likes

The more I read about this the more conflicting things I read but then there’s other things I’ve read that suggests it’s good lol

I read that properly cured flower has essentially released all the CO2 needed to let the thc fully mature and that decarb-ing isn’t really necessary especially when going to be consumed with heating or combustion. But then I read something else with lab tested results before and after(2 stages of decarb-ing was done, 30 and 60 mins) and there was more thc present, it was done with kief and trim I believe.

So I guess when I get home I’m going to decarb some of my last Grobo grow, Cinderella 99, and see if it actually makes a difference. I’ve been smoking her a bit here and there but she’s been in a sealed mason jar away from light for a couple months I would think, so should be a good test, going to try it tonight

5 Likes

I’ll have to try recycling what I thought was spent weed from my vape. Thanks for the tip! :smile::+1:

3 Likes

Yea! I def would say it all depends at what temp you vape at. I generally stick to 370-380 F and that doesn’t cook the weed too much. But if you like massive clouds and high temp it might be more beneficial to decarb some fresh stuff and use that for edibles. But from my experience with vaped weed at 370F I’ll use an ounce of that stuff with a pound of butter and it is super awesome!

5 Likes

I vape at lower temps, around 360F. So this should work :+1: Thanks again for the tip!

3 Likes

For sure @coffindancer , you will for sure get some awesome quality butter infusion with your preferred vaping temp. I made some cookies with my last batch and got about 60 cookies with the pound of butter. 2 cookies will wreck me for a long while :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s what scares me about edibles. You dont really know what ur dealing with.

4 Likes