Day 38 late Vegetative nutrient level check

Hello Everyone - how are you?

At Day 38, last day of late vegetative for Gorilla Glue. My Bottle 1 Nutrient level looks unused…does that look right? ! Plant looks healthy to me, maybe a little tinge on leaf tips but thats it.
IMG_4471|375x500

3 Likes

Bottle 1 is the base, which is used if the water you are using needs to have its pH raised. If it isn’t being dispensed then the water you have been using has had a high pH so bottle #2 was used. Clear as mud? LOL.

Edit: Also means the water you have been using has consistently had the same starting pH before the nutrients were added.

3 Likes

My Name is Mudd is a great Primus song !!

Is it less stressful for my baby if I have “perfect” pH upon every refill? I’d imagine so. But sometimes having to struggle a little bit makes a plant stronger.

Excellent feedback, thanks very much. I’m using Chicago tap water dispensed through a Samsung fridge and drinking water filter. Maybe I’ll change the fridge filter this week and see what happens.

1 Like

It shouldn’t really matter, you can set your pH in your water before filling your machine, but chances are the pH will change after the nutrients are added so the machine will adjust the pH to get it around 6.0 after the nutrients are dispensed.

2 Likes

Your in Chicago? I’m not too far from there. Depending on where you live in the city there is decent water treatment in areas.

1 Like

I hear the closer to the lake you live, the better the quality. Because there is less pipe to have to travel from.

1 Like

Your plant looks healthy so I think it’s ok that Nute bottle #1 isn’t being used. It probably just means it’s not needed but I would clean and calibrate your pH probe every 4 weeks.

2 Likes