Day 107: Chem squeezy day 38 of 39-- flower

thanks!!! looking forward to testing out the final product! Smells great though

3 Likes

Looking fantastic!

2 Likes

Flush:day 4 of 10.
A few pics. Plants still looking good and coming towards end of grow.

Curious, with holiday coming up. And my grow being ready to start dry on the last day of the month. I am going on a trip and won’t be home from July 2-6. Should I shorten the dry cycle. Skip, start early or even delay when I start that part until I come home. Any thoughts on options ans best practices would be great.

Thanks as always

8 Likes

@Sandycamel,

• (You don’t want to dry your plant too long, it can harm the Bud): (Like @stephen says to have someone you Trust [Babysit/TakeCareOf] her):

--

• ((#Harvest)): :clap:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

thanks @SilverGrobo . As an alternative, if the plant looks ready to harvest a few days earlier- would that also be an option? In terms of when flush is over, if I cut it 2/3 days short- then that would give me 5 days of drying before I have to leave. Thinking that could give me time to jar up everything before leaving for a few days- as it may end up too ripe by the time I get back. @Stephen @Bplatinum9

3 Likes

If you’re worried about time etc and she looks ready now go ahead and do it. I wouldn’t want to risk ruining what you’ve worked so hard to achieve lol. 6 days flush should be enough if that’s where you’re at now

2 Likes

Appreciate the advice & I probably will do that. From my understanding- grobo dry cycle is 3-5 days? Is this correct? I also live in CO where it’s dry so thinking I wouldnt need the full 5 days

1 Like

Yeah I would check after 3 days. Do a bend test on the stems and if they snap but not cleanly then they might be ready. If they break right off it’s too dry and I would jar it. Only thing you won’t be able to do is burp them for the first couple days, which could be important if they have too much moisture… you have anyone that could burp them for you while you’re away? Lol

2 Likes

Dry mode is five days. Jarring before the five days plus not burping is a recipe for disaster!
I would cut last stage short to get five days drying in and use Boveda humidity packs in the jars to help control moisture while your away.
Since burping is very crucial @Russel_Richardson, even though joking makes a solid point, that if you have someone to burp them for you, that would be best.

2 Likes

Appreciate the tips and that’s what I’ll do. Figure that burping is easier to give directions vs having someone check to see how dry things are- plus I can always just bring the jars along- as I’ll only be driving a few hours from my apartment to a cabin. I’ll time things out where the 5th day of drying can be on the day I leave- and if things aren’t ready before, I will still have time to jar & bring along to burp. I also have boveda packets ready- i believe the 62%'s so thinking I am prepped correctly for a good harvest/curing.

3 Likes

Your on it… Let us know if you run into any problems! :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

Harvest day. Hung them up to dry and put sweet leaf on a plate. Put my ph probes in a bag with storage solution. How’s it look and what tips does everyone have for me?

9 Likes

Congrats on your harvest!

1 Like

Great harvest, congrats!

1 Like

Thanks! Of course I have another machine issue pop up during the change to dry cycle. So now I need to figure out how to get the fans on- or material dried where the issue doesn’t ruin the batch. Good so far though & basically just letting them hang without the fan on until support can figure out a solution.

2 Likes

Are you 100% sure the fans aren’t on? It is quite difficult as the blades move so fast that you cannot see them. On top of that the fan guard looks like fan blades giving the illusion that they are off. If you shine a flashlight into the fan it helps to see if the blades are indeed moving (or not).

1 Like

Yeah. Support helped me out and your right it is hard to see. I have to put my hand in front of the vent to tell. Flashlights still tough sometimes hahaha

It seemed like I must have had a loose connection and got the fans running again. So I’m back on track with supports help !!!

3 Likes

Drying is going well. Question- I have 62% boveda packets to help with moisture control for after I jar to cure. Outside of opening jars 20 mins 2x per day, anything else I should know/do? Start with the packets added into jars, or add depending on what things look like after a few days?

Following

Had to take off for a weekend so took down the buds to jar them.

Weight post dry is 52 grams. Have some boveda packets but haven’t added them yet

Not sure about sugar leaf weight, but put it dry into freezer for some edibles at a later time

13 Likes