Critical purple autos 7 weeks no pistils?

Hi everyone, I’m growing Critical purp autos that I got from growers choice, I’m 7 weeks in and my plants look great but no pistils yet, is this normal for an auto? I’ve been told to change my lights to 12/12 but not sure about that since they are autos, but maybe they aren’t?

3 Likes

looks like they are about a week away from my level of sexing them. Maybe others can jump in.

3 Likes

So i’ve only grown one auto, but what i learned from it is, there really is no timeline of when they should be where in the grow. I’ve seen autos that boast 9 weeks from germ to harvest but that doesn’t seem to happen. You really are at the mercy of the plant. Unfortunately, if it IS a photo and you switch to 12/12, you still won’t know whether the seeds are auto or not. How much space do you have before the plants reach the lights? If they double in height now and will be close to the lights, I think moving to 12/12 is the best option in case they are photo. If you’ve got room, let them ride for another week or 2 and if there still aren’t pistils, switch to 12/12.

Just thought of this as well. You could always do a healthy trim in the hopes of stunting her growth. If it’s an auto and she starts to show pistils, just move your lights closer for flower. If she’s a photo, you still won’t see pistils after 2 weeks and you can move to your 12/12. This is just me thinking outside the box, but ultimately it’s your plant and your decision how to proceed.

2 Likes

Hey thanx for the response …they have sum female hairs but that’s about it

Dude I’m so close to the light …less than a foot🤦🏼 It looks like they did there stretching but didn’t flower yet, they have female hairs tho.

3 Likes

That height distance is gonna be an issue. Scrog it?

3 Likes

I’ve been tying them down but they straighten back up in 12 hours so yea I need to do something more 🤦🏼

3 Likes

@Growing_Therapy,

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

{:pretzel:}:

{:triangular_ruler:}:

• (#YouAreDoingAGreatJob): {:green_thumb:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

My question is: if its an auto what light schedule have you been growing her on?
Auto’s need 18 hrs of light to produce buds!
If you switch her to 12/12 schedule she may never bud if she’s an auto!

I would keep a steady 18/6 light schedule and scrog the heck out of her keeping the lights at a safe distance for your brand lighting. :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

I was doing 20-4 the whole time …growers choice told me critical purp autos take up to 8 weeks to start flower…so I didn’t switch to 12/12 but for 1 night than went right back to 20/4

1 Like

Try 18/6 for the next week and repost! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Will do! Here’s how they look now, I took the 2 off milk crates for more room now I got that big ass one on the left…is it ok to scrog an auto?

3 Likes

Yes its less stress than supercropping :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

8 weeks and still nothing …i switched to 12/12 couple nights ago …

4 Likes

What was your light schedule on before you switched it?
Autos should be on a constant 18/6 light schedule all the way through!
Autos are on there own time and changing the schedule doesnt help! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Yea I did switch from 18/6 to 12/12 …I’m starting to think that’s not a good idea neither but idk if it’s really an auto if it’s taking this long …I’m just really confused with the whole light situation cus idk if it’s truly an auto or not …

4 Likes

I just noticed this! It looks like it’s starting…but I wonder if that’s becuz I switched to 12/12 or if it would of still started on 18/6

5 Likes

I agree :point_up:t4: with @SilverGrobo @Bplatinum9 ur gonna have to bend them branches an ur light :bulb: should be at 18 to 6 the least :+1:t2::dash::seedling: sorry :neutral_face: wrong person @Growing_Therapy

3 Likes

Yea I been tying them down…I gotta keep up with it everyday tho…yea ima change the light back…it’s just crazy I started 12/12 couple nights ago n now I’m starting to see pistils… coincidence??

2 Likes

Do u have the packaging that the seeds came in so I can see it that is kinda weird :+1:t2::dash::seedling: