Could this be damping off?

Hi, I’m on my second grow with Granddaddy Black. Non-auto, feminized. I’m about 6 days into early veg. My PH is always between 6-6.2. Temp is always between 72-74 with humidity around 50% I had to push my pod up a bit because it was getting soaked. The first 2 larger leaves began to develop spots. The new growth looks good and the roots look really good. But when I got home today she was twisted so I proper her up. Can anyone tell me if this is damping off?

2 Likes

Looks like you avoided it yes

1 Like

What do you mean? Do you think she’s okay?

2 Likes

Please elaborate Todd, that what it looks like when plants recover from damping off?

3 Likes

Yup. Looks recovered. Keep an eye on the pod or pop a fan on the base.

3 Likes

Fan is in.

2 Likes

That isn’t damping off, simply from the seedling trying to pop, and having to twist and do a sort of summersault. Possibility, albeit slim that it started suffering from damping off but I think not. Either way she’s fine now :+1::v:

3 Likes

The curve isnt but at the top of the curve are signs it was under dampening off. Ive had it on 3 of every 4 grows

4 Likes

@pkroaster what method did you use to germinate? Direct to pod or did you soak your seed in water or a wet paper towel prior to inserting in the pod?

1 Like

Direct to coco pod.

1 Like

Got you, wondering if this is just a common issue that happens from time to time or if there is something that could have been done differently to avoid it.

1 Like

I added a new pump in the middle of my last grow. This new pump is much stronger than the original. The coco pod was getting soaked at the bottom so I pushed it up a little and manually took out water and I think she got a little nute burn as well. I’m just hoping she pulls through.

2 Likes

Understood, was it sprouted already when you pushed the pod up?

1 Like

yes. she sprouted very quick. 5 days.

1 Like

Got ya, wonder if the pod being a little over saturated allowed the seedling to “flip around” as Osage suggested which would definitely explain the crazy bend.

1 Like