Compact CO2 emitter

Anyone have a good plan for a compact co2 emitter? The 2 liter bottle just takes up so much room. Maybe some small paintball tank? Or maybe a BB gun co2 cartridge?

1 Like

Are you using the grobo co2?

3 Likes

Yes. It’s huge in the Grobo. Wanting something more compact if I can.

2 Likes

What @Bplatinum9 posted. However, they are cheaper on Amazon. At least in the US, not sure about Canada.

1 Like

He’s just looking for a smaller style to better fit the grobo! :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

What about just scaling it down to like a 20oz bottle?

1 Like

What about the bag of co2?

Or a DIY…

Or something you can keep outside the grobo…

3 Likes

The bag idea is cool. I wonder if you could split it into smaller bags.

1 Like

I’m using the bag right now, it seems to work quite well and I could have sworn I saw smaller ones available however I cannot find them now haha. I have my Grobo in a tent so I hung the bag behind the unit in an effort to have the Co2 flow in through the intake fans.

4 Likes

If I were to add co2 into my Grobo what I think I would do is what @SWSVIC did with the tent idea just I wouldn’t use bags.

I would get a tank of liquid Co2 come in may different sizes and get yourself a Co2 regular

Then I would feed this small line into the Grobo and have the Co2 fall on top of the plant

4 Likes

I like the third video its like what @Mpower11 is saying because I keep reading that the co2 needs to be close to the plant, and I wouldn’t want the canister inside the tent. :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

I tried the bag and I didn’t really like it very much. It’s difficult to determine how much, if any, CO2 is being produced and how long they last. The thing that I like about the bottle is you can tell if it is working when you shake it up, which is also a bit of a downside. The Enhancer bottle is also smaller and I have found it is easier to place.

I used the Exhale bag in two different sizes and didn’t notice any increase in my tents CO2. Not sure if the Enhancer bottle is really enough to cover a 10 x 10 x 10 space as the manufactures claim, so there’s that.

2 Likes

What about just used a container with some holes in the top then add yeast water and sugar the off gas from that would be co2. Im testing it now and seams to be working.

3 Likes

To be fair I didn’t have much luck with the ExHale bags in my tent but it could be my exhaust system sucked it all out. When I tried it I had no way to control exhaust like I do now.

3 Likes

Don’t know how much co2 its producing but I went with a simple water bottle w/ yeast, sugar and water with a little piece of bread and stuck a length of tubing out the top into the canopy and has been producing co2 bubbles for a couple weeks now. Cost me a couple bucks

6 Likes