Community Grow Photos

@Todd.grobo I didn’t! Maybe next time… again, not an experienced grower by any means. Trying to learn from this grow and see what my nest one brings.

2 Likes

Day 43, she got a hair cut yesterday with one week until flowering stage.

5 Likes

Bug issues?

Good catch! I wondered who be the first to notice. :thinking:

I’ve killed about 4 little what look like fruit flies through out my grow. This strain has been bushy as AF producing really big fan leaves, my guess not enough air circulation around the base of the plant. I did my pre-flower defoliated so shouldn’t be any issues, I put the stickies in just to be on the safe side. Only caught one on the stickies since I put them in 2 days ago. :+1:

4 Likes

Interesting. The base of my plant is super thick too and likely no air flow too. If you can get a photo of one do it I’ll tell you what they are. I’d be more concerned you have them somewhere else in the house they spread quickly. I had a 6 month issue with them in another plant. I wondered when I would see this pop up. When I previously tried my hand growing I had a bug or infestation issue. Have yet to see too much of that here.

2 Likes

Day 21 Girl Scout Cookies…should I be topping now or doing anything other than drain and fill?

7 Likes

Hey @Todd.grobo

I’ve not had one for several days and only a total of 4 flying around at some point in 6 weeks of growth. It’s either fruit fly or fungus gnat but the gnats typically only like soil grown plants but maybe they took a shinning to the coco pods. I live in northern Ontario where we have bugs the size of small birds, lol. Yellow stickies confirmed no infestation. My girl had her first haircut in 42 days in and node spacing is very tight on this strain plus huge leafs. Air circulation based on grobo fans output would struggled to even flutter my plants leaves let alone penatrate the base of this plant. Not a fan of this strain in a grobo. Got a something on deck for my next grow. :+1:

@and429

Plant looks healthy! I did my first topping at day 25!

3 Likes

Yeah the gnats leave spider web things in the plant. Happy to hear your good. Shes filling out nice for sure. Definitely not a deep green plant though. Hiows your 3 and 4 bottles

1 Like

Plant wakes up in 40 mins then I have a drain and fill. The bottle that has been used the most is Balance #5 almost 1/2 the bottle. I’ll check once the drain and fill is done it’s week 7. Last drain and fill that dosed nutrients was 11 days ago since we added 4 days to last weeks growth and a additional week to the stage for my little vertically challenged shrub, lol.

Has the stretch started in your plant?

1 Like

Nope. My 3 and 4 are at like 30 %. 5 is 95%.

No but I can tell its coming

2 Likes

Day 27 of my grow, and this was after a haircut. It’s an AK-47 Xtreme (hybrid)…want to say it was from Amsterdam Seeds. It’s heavier on the indica side it appears? Waiting impatiently for it to begin to stretch…haha

8 Likes

Hey @Hainesjr1

Interesting fact I’ve yet to see any Indica strain that goes above the first fan in veg yet, I have topped twice though. Mine goes into flower on Saturday and is level with the top of the 1st fan so I’ll keep everyone posted on stretch.

5 Likes

From my tangerine dream grow- If i were to do it over… i would have topped 3x times during vegetative ( for 8 colas ) and super cropped more often into the first 2 weeks of flowering… A lot of stretching happens between week 1-6 of flowering…Oh and LIght Pruning of large fan leaves is a must do to Light penetration.

4 Likes

@fuz and mine too… Collage made of first plant growing in Grobo… ((Green Crack Strain))…

9 Likes

Day 36 in… :smiley:

Day 36 in… :smiley:

11 Likes

Hi @SilverGrobo,

Those are awesome shots, love the creativity! I’m sharing them with the office today, lots of oohs and ahhs.

Welcome aboard,

Stephen

5 Likes

@Stephen Hey Guys! After the snafu of not having my water sensors or fan wires plugged, and the subsequent death of a Girl Scout Cookie. I’m up and running! Here is day 9 of some Trainwreck. I was just able to empty and fill today. Is it crucial to do this every 7 days on the dot, or can you empty/fill a day early or late?

5 Likes

Pretty important to drain and fill the day you get your notification, unless it’s at some ungodly hour when you’re sleeping, in which case next day is fine. Reason being, it’s important to change out our water and provide a clean and neutral environment for the unit to properly dose nutrients at the appropriate time. This ensures your plant gets the nutrients it needs at the correct level of your plants current growth stage. If you keep doing it late the unit will eventually dose wrong because it thinks it’s on the schedule it has been on and doses what the recipe calls for, so eventually it might get all out of whack.

2 Likes

@Osage is this from the grobo staff? I have been doing it 1-2 days after the notification. My plant has been fine. The nutrient dose is triggered by the PH and EC meter right?

Hey jamminbear,

No the nutrients are triggered when you do a drain and fill. The ph and ec meters help decide how much ph and nutrients your plant needs at its stage of growth.

1 Like