Community Grow Photos

That training though !!

1 Like

I just drained and filled. That branch seems to be doing fine. Hopefully will be a big bud!

4 Likes

Hey Ctaylor684,
Its AK47 Xtreme. Ak47 and White Widow Xtreme hybrid. Forget the seed bank I got it from, but it was an Amsterdam based bank. Really impressed with the strain.

1 Like

Haha, I know, I was all about the topping and LST this grow. Thanks!

Is it harvest time? Dwarf Low Flyer on day 68 of planned 70 day grow. Maybe you can see in the close up photos that some bud areas show a smattering–up to a third or more in some areas–of amber trichomes. Other areas seen up close are all clear to opaque. I’m having trouble telling the difference between clear and opaque trichomes, I think because of light refraction & such.

Any thoughts on when to harvest? I’m thinking I will do it tomorrow or the next day.

11 Likes

Hey @Cornholio

Are you useing a jewellers loupe to check the trichomes? I’ve got a handheld and agree it’s tricky looking at them and some bud sites are farther ahead then others. Here’s the criteria for harvest so based on your pistols and trichomes you should be able to to make a good decision.

4 Likes

Yes I’m using a jewelers loupe type magnifying glass. 60x with led light (not for these photos, though). By the standards in your reply above I am not quite ready to harvest. Criteria 1 is met but for criteria 2 I’d bet it’s a bit less than 20% amber trichomes, overall. But as fast as those colors changed in recent days I’m betting a harvest in the next day or two would work pretty well.

4 Likes

Going on day 75. Man I can’t wait till harvest, so close but so far away!!! Looks great and smells wonderful!!

11 Likes

Day 81. Everything looks pretty clear in the jewelers loupe, so I’d say I’ve got 3-4 weeks.
Trainwreck.

How much do y’all think my yield will be?

10 Likes

I’m harvesting today. Do these little balls I see in several branch nodes mean I have a male or hermaphrodite? If so, will I get anything smokeable from this plant?

2 Likes

@Cornholio,

its-a-girl

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::herb::groboone::green_thumb:

9 Likes

Thanks @SilverGrobo. I see that difference now.
The buds are not tight but here’s what I’m drying now.

9 Likes

One week out to harvest, currently flushing at the moment. Not seeing much more filling out just ripening up now. :+1:

Harvest detsils to follow. :herb:

12 Likes

Those buds :heart_eyes: that’s awesome! Glad to see you reach the finish line!

What steps will you take for curing? Seems to me everyone has their own “secrets” when it comes to the cure, anything to share?

2 Likes

Hey @Rich

No curing secrets for me. My plan is glass jars and burping after initial drying. I’ve purchased some Broveda 62% humid packs just to store bud until it’s all consumed. I’m shooting for lighting up for Christmas / New Years after curing. :gift: :tada:

9 Likes

Awesome! Again, congrats on reaching the harvest!

That’s same I’ll be taking once again. The Boveda packs are a real game changer, use them for all of my purchases from the dispensary!

I’m looking at a “ready” time frame of late January - early February. So won’t be actually consuming until Valentine’s Day or so?

2 Likes

Can you help me find those bananas? I’m new to this and am not seeing them. Also, what is s1’d ?

3 Likes

day 19

5 Likes

I;m getting antsy.

16 Likes

Omg green man lol
Damn that’s a fine plant. Lol.

2 Likes