Community Grow Photos

Plant wakes up in 40 mins then I have a drain and fill. The bottle that has been used the most is Balance #5 almost 1/2 the bottle. I’ll check once the drain and fill is done it’s week 7. Last drain and fill that dosed nutrients was 11 days ago since we added 4 days to last weeks growth and a additional week to the stage for my little vertically challenged shrub, lol.

Has the stretch started in your plant?

1 Like

Nope. My 3 and 4 are at like 30 %. 5 is 95%.

No but I can tell its coming

2 Likes

Day 27 of my grow, and this was after a haircut. It’s an AK-47 Xtreme (hybrid)…want to say it was from Amsterdam Seeds. It’s heavier on the indica side it appears? Waiting impatiently for it to begin to stretch…haha

8 Likes

Hey @Hainesjr1

Interesting fact I’ve yet to see any Indica strain that goes above the first fan in veg yet, I have topped twice though. Mine goes into flower on Saturday and is level with the top of the 1st fan so I’ll keep everyone posted on stretch.

5 Likes

From my tangerine dream grow- If i were to do it over… i would have topped 3x times during vegetative ( for 8 colas ) and super cropped more often into the first 2 weeks of flowering… A lot of stretching happens between week 1-6 of flowering…Oh and LIght Pruning of large fan leaves is a must do to Light penetration.

4 Likes

@fuz and mine too… Collage made of first plant growing in Grobo… ((Green Crack Strain))…

9 Likes

Day 36 in… :smiley:

Day 36 in… :smiley:

11 Likes

Hi @SilverGrobo,

Those are awesome shots, love the creativity! I’m sharing them with the office today, lots of oohs and ahhs.

Welcome aboard,

Stephen

5 Likes

@Stephen Hey Guys! After the snafu of not having my water sensors or fan wires plugged, and the subsequent death of a Girl Scout Cookie. I’m up and running! Here is day 9 of some Trainwreck. I was just able to empty and fill today. Is it crucial to do this every 7 days on the dot, or can you empty/fill a day early or late?

5 Likes

Pretty important to drain and fill the day you get your notification, unless it’s at some ungodly hour when you’re sleeping, in which case next day is fine. Reason being, it’s important to change out our water and provide a clean and neutral environment for the unit to properly dose nutrients at the appropriate time. This ensures your plant gets the nutrients it needs at the correct level of your plants current growth stage. If you keep doing it late the unit will eventually dose wrong because it thinks it’s on the schedule it has been on and doses what the recipe calls for, so eventually it might get all out of whack.

2 Likes

@Osage is this from the grobo staff? I have been doing it 1-2 days after the notification. My plant has been fine. The nutrient dose is triggered by the PH and EC meter right?

Hey jamminbear,

No the nutrients are triggered when you do a drain and fill. The ph and ec meters help decide how much ph and nutrients your plant needs at its stage of growth.

1 Like

@Jamminbear the nutrients are indeed triggered by the fill which is done post-drain.
If you sit and wait about 2 min after the fill is complete you will hear the pump going and then bottle 3 doses, then a couple min later bottle 4, then a couple more min it’s bottle 5.

In my experience (and in talking to Grobo peeps) there is no need to do the drain/fill immediately when the notification comes in. I’ve always had to do it the next day or even the day after with no issues.
It’s not always convenient on a Thursday at midnight (when my notification is :joy:)

4 Likes

@fuz and mine too… Collage made of first plant growing in Grobo… ((Green Crack Strain))…

4 Likes

@chris_barfield Hold the button on the back (like when you open the door), and the light will change instantly when you release it to give the right light ambiance to take a good picture… Sometimes it goes out quickly, and sometimes it gives you enough time to get set up for a good shot… Good photo shoots… :camera_flash::camera::clapper::green_thumb::groboone:

2 Likes

Dwarf Low Flyer on day 8.

4 Likes

Welcome to AG @Cornholio

Now the fun begins! Is it feminIzed seed, auto or bag seed also sativa or Indica? so many questions. :joy:

Feminized auto, Indica. Grobo recipe calls for a 70 day grow (I largely chose it for speed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good reason! Very curious to see your results, not going to lie I like the thought of quicker harvests too. :+1:

First off cornholio lmfao :joy::rofl::laughing::scream: great moniker! Made me laugh right away. Second, I love how these little ladies show themselves to the world. Sometimes a little awkward, sometimes a bit chubby, sometimes just plain fked up, but always happy to enter the world and say hello!!! So I say hello little one and welcome to the world. I hope your life is fully lived and fruitful in the end. Cheers to the cannabis gods for creating such diversity. Guess that’s why growing is my favorite hobby!!!

4 Likes