Clones help

SO I took out a cola cause it wasn’t getting enough light how do I take care of it. what can I add to make it grow strong first time clone still alive and I think it’s turning colors you guys be the judge …

5 Likes

And apparently I have lady bugs Can they effect or help with grow ?

3 Likes

Ladybugs are the most common predator of aphids, capable of consuming 50-60 per day!
They will also help control a variety of other pests including: thrips, mites, whitefly, mealybugs, leaf hoppers, and many other soft-bodied bugs.

And how to clone

3 Likes

Good look on the fast response. I need supplies anything I can do in the mean time to keep it alive may be a few days to a week.

3 Likes

You need something to let them root in at min do you have that?

You need to find a clear cover and get the RH up to 100% …

Since clones have no roots they drink threw there leafs that is why you need high RH

2 Likes

Nothing at all other than coco pods cutting tools I have those 2 things

2 Likes

Did you place your cutting in water right away?

If not you can get a air bubble in the stem then the clone will die…

Coco pod will work I prefer Rapid rooter

https://generalhydroponics.com/rapid-rooter

All you need to find is something plastic to cover them and spray water to get the RH up

If you can pull this off you have about 7 to 10 days before it will make roots… At that time you will need to plant it in something of your choice…

PS remember to keep your clone on 18 hours of light a day or it will start to flower on you

2 Likes

and I always use Rooting gel but I think you can root them without it

1 Like

I always throw them in water immediately. Only had one of my five from this grow pop roots out in about 8 or 9 days I think. Planted in soil then with a little recharge and it’s looking happy.

Still waiting to see if the other 4 will root. I don’t have rooting gel or anything

2 Likes

Main reason for rooting gel is sealing the cut tissue and then supplying the hormones needed to promote root cell development. So it may speed things up

1 Like

I’ve Heard People Using Honey, If No Rooting Gel Is Available, With Decent Results…

3 Likes

Got it, will do keep you posted thanks for that info … and yes I did place in water as soon as i took it out

3 Likes