Clippers

Any tips on honing sheers? I have 4 pair and after a battling through a harvest last night, they are dull as hell! Or should I just toss them and buy new clippers? Seems like a waste…

[quote=“markperron60, post:1, topic:6375, full:true”]pic of Melon OG auto

2 Likes

Don’t know how much… I have it drying in the MyHerbDryer and I completely filled the bottom. Maybe an ounce. But this one is following in its footsteps! Same strain. Melon OG indica

3 Likes

Dipping them in alcohol and scrubbing with a cloth will help “de-gunk” them.

1 Like

Thanks I do that all the time… I even give them a soak in peroxide once in awhile. I had them for a year and harvested over 12 plants with those sheets. I guess it’s time to toss. I was just wondering if there was a way to grind them to sharpen the blades or something. Seems like a waste to toss them. Not cheap! But thanks anyway

1 Like

Could certainly try sharpening. I googled “shear sharpener” and many results came up!

1 Like

Yeah should give it a try and save my pennies for more important things like seeds and soil… lol thanks

1 Like

Got to keep the medical supply coming…lol! Can’t let the supply chain break down by something like Dull sheets!!!

1 Like

Never good to be dull in the “sheets” department :joy:

1 Like

Way too funny

1 Like

@buzzy6 get yourself a sharpener. I have an Okami that has the added benefit of being able to sharpen knives.

2 Likes

Awesome need one!!! Lowe’s, Home Depot, Amazon? Or any small hardware store… and thanks appreciate

Got mine through Amazon, but you should be able to find them at Home Depot and Lowes.

Ok great thanks…another accessory

@buzzy6 Honestly with how cheap scissors are I tend to get new ones and recycle the old worn ones after I try to sharpen them. Sharpeners can only do so much, and the angle of the sharpener rarely seems to be the same as the angle of the scissors.

1 Like

I don’t get out much… lol

Try these
https://www.amazon.com/Smiths-50185-Jiffy-Pro-Handheld-Sharpener/dp/B0051OYT2U/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1PPWOXBLUJS4S&dchild=1&keywords=scissor+sharpener&qid=1593188106&sprefix=scissor+s%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-6

1 Like

Perfect thanks Eric. I will get to honing my skills :joy:

2 Likes

Zing! :joy:

Yeah Visckers trimmers are the best but To expensive throw away .
so I always Re-sharpen then Alcohol I try to make it a habit to alcohol every time I pick em up good Garden Hygiene!

1 Like