Cherry Pie - ILGM Photoperiod - Second Grow!

Okay so she gave me a scare. Stopped growing for a few days and I figured she would die. Then I began to notice she was damping off. I’m 2 for 2 damping off in the Grobo! To my surprise she started growing again and seems to be doing better.

I’ve extended early veg and am keeping an eye on her.

@Aang my personal opinion is the issue I have keeping the reservoir temperature below 70, as well as the cocoa pod size. It seems to be common that the Grobo coco pods sit a little too low, soaking them instead of keeping them damp. My last grow I had to raise the pod mid-grow, and this grow I did the same even after intentionally keeping the pod higher this time around. I think my next grow I might cut an inch or so off before planting. I’ve also been looking into purchasing a water chiller to keep the water temps down.

Another reason is just simply because conditions for growing are also good conditions for mold. I’ve read that fungi growth on the pod is common and not much to worry about.

5 Likes

Good catch on the damping off! It looks like she’ll bounce back. I would give her a week to recover

4 Likes

Congratulations :tada:

2 Likes

Doin just fine!

5 Likes

Looking good!:muscle:t3::dash:

4 Likes

Topped :+1:

Processing: 1DC4F9A3-51C3-4E36-87DE-C27AD607D189.jpeg…

6 Likes

She look super happy Phil! Nice work…

4 Likes

This one is gonna be a cutie

4 Likes

What is the white box on the bottom left side of your Grobo looks like you cut your cover

1 Like

That’s just another hygrometer/thermometer. The sensor and holder, it’s detached from the holder in the picture. The display is outside of the unit so I can read the temp/humidity from outside the Grobo. I just have like 4 of these things so I have two for shits and giggles. - I didn’t cut into anything. I have some strips of black vinyl around the lid just to prevent any light from getting to the roots. The black box is a fan, I have the cord running down from the side of them lid out to the bottom of the Grobo and plugged into the same outlet the Grobo is plugged into.

1 Like

Currently in the first few days of transition. Gave her another hair cut yesterday. She does like to lean foward, I believe it’s from cutting a bit too much off the cocoa pod. That’s why the little Vivosun sensor is down by the pod. I’ll get some hooks to hold her up a little more conventionally in the upcoming days.

Uploading: A388F236-9DBE-46E9-8219-1334D784DE7D.jpeg…

4 Likes

3 Likes

Pics are a week or so old but figured I’d update while I’m stopping by!!

She smells great :blush:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Looks really good. Goodluck!

2 Likes

Welcome to the all growers community we are all here for you with open arms, do you have a grow going, or are you planning to start one soon?

1 Like

3 Likes

Harvested 6 days ago and jarred up tonight. Dry weight: 39g. It ain’t much but I’ll take it! I’m definitely going to do some more lollipoppung next time around because I ended up with lots of popcorn! Smells and looks dank, can’t wait to try it!

7 Likes

@PhilLeshPhan Hey bud…would you mind posting a screenshot of your final grow schedule? Another user is growing the same strain and I’d love to see where you ended up to end your grow.

Congrats on the harvest!

4 Likes

For whatever reason when I switched to drying mode it “started a new grow” in my Grobo app for it and I can’t figure out how to see the schedule from my last grow… I did screenshot the main screen on day 10/10 of flush, if that helps. Ended at 116 days, I extended veg 1 week and flowering at least once, maybe twice. Trichomes were cloudy and around 10% amber.

2 Likes