Cannatrol - 4 Day Cure?

That’s what I was thinking. The defaults between dry, cure, and store is only 2% difference and dry and store is the same. I was thinking of just splitting the difference and dry, cure/hold different batches at the same time. Just keep notes on what is on what shelf and when it went in. Even with the influx of moisture of a new harvest, the unit should maintain the RH/DP.

5 Likes

You can store your buds in un waxed brown lunch bags in the unit for storing it and just write what it is on the bags. Chasing RH during the cure, burping jars, boveda packs…ALL out the window. If you control the temperature and dew point (which is what the cannatrol does) then you control the RH. ITS GENIOUS. Also it’s a slow, exact process.

3 Likes

I also just thought that it would be a great way to calibrate my wireless hygrometers that I keep in the grow boxes and room. Probably more accurate than a jar with Boveda packs.

5 Likes

I agree @BeeDubya

3 Likes

@STANK
I bet you each strain reacts differently to Temps and Dew points during cure and dry. Making this even more of a mystery. Nature is simple when watching but highly complex when you try to manipulate it.

I plan to use your theory for the dry and cure. Slope the dry into the cure which lands the buds in the sweet spot for storage. The other ways seem to dry the bud crispy and then add moisture during the cure. I agree, treat it like one process. Slowly dry/cure to the storage temp and dew point. Then just hold. Awesome. It makes sense.

Unless the buds enjoy being dried to a crisp the slowly adding moisture during the cure.

3 Likes

I’m on day 5 of dry in the cannatrol. Left buds ON branches until day 4 then removed. I’m doing a 6 day dry and sloping into a 6 day cure and the sloping into storing at 61%RH

2 Likes

My Cannatrol arrives Saturday :sunglasses:
I will use it right away. This should be good.

3 Likes

Love mine so far. I’ll keep u posted on how it does. Ho about RAIDER NATION. WHOOPED UP ON THEM COWBOYS.

2 Likes

Yes Sir. That Win salvaged our season. Atleast we can say we held our own. Raider style.

3 Likes

@STANK

I received the Cannatrol today. Placed it in service right away. I can tell the difference already. A regulated dry and cure.

I could never dry at 66 degrees before. Always a quick crispy bud, then add moisture. This thing never let’s the bud dry to a crisp. It slowly dries to the right spot and then holds the buds in the sweet spot.

I cannot wait to try the finished product :relieved:

6 Likes

@STANK
What are you doing to catch the parts that fall? I am seeing small particles falling on the shelf and thru the holes. Seems like they would have a tray to catch it all. I am sure as you turn, touch, or move buds, terps are falling off into the unit. Over time, this will become a mess. Any advice? Or have I done something wrong?

5 Likes

I would get a small baking pan to sit at the very bottom makes for easy terp collection and cleaning of the unit when the time comes!

1 Like

Try not moving buds at all grower. iv done 3 cure with no mess. trim well . There is a fan on bottom of the unit so try not putting a pan ,your buds need ventilation in the cannatrole. :v:

5 Likes

When I pull the tray out, particles fall on the floor. Small, but I’m sure some good terps are in it. Not much but, if you go thru the trouble of making keef, you don’t want this part to go to waste

4 Likes

I don’t have that issue. Did you harvest and put directly in or were you already doing or curing some? Mine stay very solid with no particles.

2 Likes

I didn’t do anything. I just keep it cleaned off. I guess you could cut parchment paper down to fit or something. I have 2 hours left before it goes into hold mode at 62%RH and I’ll leave it there until Christmas Eve. That will be 33 days from dry to cured all kept at optimal environmental conditions.

2 Likes

It could possibly Strain related?

I know I have grown many plants in the same environment and had totally different outcomes between strains some buds were more airy some were more dense and all conditions are the same except for the strain

3 Likes

Ok, it is not much, but over time I can see a real build up that I wished I could collect easily.

Seems like everything in the industry is designed to keep and use all of the plant. I just thought a nice cutting tray with a screen as a shelf would have been a nice touch for the machine to have.

2 Likes

You may want to email the company. Maybe they can come up with something.

As a reference point on drying, I kept some separate to measure. They are re mostly still on the stems to slow the drying. After 48 hours, they have lost approximately 50% weight.

I am using default setting except for 6 days rather than 4.

2 Likes

Update. Hung 8 hours and dried 3 days in the cannatrol. The sprig started at 7.19g. Now 2.59 (64% loss). The trichomes look amazing.

2 Likes