Candy Cane

Day 47. Flower 3/39. She looks pretty good to me, yet I’m the novice. Any suggestions?

3 Likes

Its an auto. So its meant to plant and harvest not much in between. Looking happy tho

1 Like

Thank you. I feel good that I didn’t mess it up. Looking forward to my next grow which will be photo. I’ll still be a beginner but have a grow under my belt.

1 Like

Your a new learner until your comfortable to say your not.
So many things to know.
Example.
GG #4 strain requires you to check for pollen sacks as the actual strain came from a hermaphrodite plant. Crazy hey.

2 Likes

This morning a couple of leaves got too close to the light. I did push the pod into the reservoir which gave me 3-4 inches.

2 Likes

Day 64 - Flower Day 20/39

1 Like

She went from looking good on Sunday and then 5 days later looked like this. It still had 5 days to go in flowering but I moved it to flush. Should I continue the flush? It’s on day 1, or should so just chop it down now for whatever I might get. First grow so I was a little disappointed at first. I still don’t understand what happened. I never took off more than 5% of the leaves at any time.

1 Like

Bubbler working?

Yes it is.

In looking how dark those hairs are, I suspect she is at end of life meaning she’s ready. Candy Kane is an auto flower (does not like to be trimmed) and only has a 7 week flower window. I suspect she’s ready!

Anyone else grown Candy Kane before?

1 Like

Thanks Todd. I took it down and started the drying process. It looked a lot better when I trimmed it.

2 Likes

yeah @Milton_Hamlet that looks like she’s frosty ready! I suspect the dying leaves were just part of the process saying she’s done. Awesome job and congratulations on making it to harvest! good luck with the trimming.

1 Like

Thank you man. I really appreciate all your help. Some awesome people on here. This is way better than social media😎

2 Likes

When we all make mistakes and share our progress, its really easy to learn from each other!
No harm in learning right? It will only increase our harvests and ability to recognize deficiencies and ways to correct them. Making us better growers all the time. That looks like some sticky bud for sure!

What are you going to grow next?

1 Like

I’m not sure but I believe I’ll do photo this time.

2 Likes

Well here’s picture of my first grow. Made it through harvest and curing for the past 3 days in mason jars. It looks good, really sticky and frosty with a really nice smell. I got about 32 grams which excited me as I thought I’d lost it. Anyway any curing tips are welcome and thanks to everyone who helped me along.

2 Likes

Try to maintain 60-62% humidity in the jars.
Lots of different opinions on how many times to burp etc. I am currently doing 6 jars daily at once a day for 20 mins. They are sitting between 59-62% RH.

You can also use https://bovedainc.com/ humidity packs in your jars to help maintain the RH.

Looks like some good looking smoke @Milton_Hamlet
Are you going for the 2 months Curing time? Longer? Shorter?

You can usually test it right away and it will be smooth, but it will TASTE and smell better in 2 mo

1 Like

I’ll probably go for 2 months. Although I’ll be eager to try it. Gorilla Glue or Grandaddy Purple for my next grow. Photo this time. And since everyone is so helpful I’ll stay more engaged with photos etc. At first I thought I was bugging people. I’ve since learned that is far from the case.

3 Likes

We’re all here to help my man!

3 Likes

Lots of AG :heart:

2 Likes