Canadian Water source and prices

Hello Everyone
My Grobo Solid has arrived and I’m just starting my first grow(Ya!)
Im in Hamilton Ontario and I was thinking it might be helpful to discuss sources of water.
Im not ready to invest in my own RO just yet.
The local Walmart sells the big 18.5L jugs of RO water for 4.95(plus deposit for jug)
its Culligan water here’s pic of label says demieralized water by Reverse Osmosis
I’m hoping this will be good enough to start with.
Does anyone else know of a source that’s cheaper? Costco seems to just have regular spring water but it didn’t say it was RO so i was avoiding theirs atm.

any need to have more then one? It appears to have used less then half to do the initial fill. maybe its enough for biweekly swaps?

1 Like

I bought bottles from my local grocery for 9 dollars that are 11 litres and perfect size for a drain fill and top up each unit weekly. Those refills are 2 dollars. That’s my pricing hope it helps and I’m calgary Alberta

2 Likes

@Bloodydrake,

((#Water)):

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=water

((#SomeReads)): :open_book::wink:

((#**Excited)):

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I get RO from Superstore. After a $10.00 deposit, it costs about $3.50 to refill an 18.5l bottle which includes a new cap for the jug. I am also in Calgary.

3 Likes

The coop bottles lids are reusable so you only buy them once. Just an fyi

1 Like

$1 a gallon in the states (CA) and $10 for the jugs initially. I fillup 10 gallons every month or so and I’m all set. It’s even on the commute so really makes me want to wait on an RO in-home system.

1 Like

thanks for the feedback and Ideas, I’ll have to see if theres a superstore in my area as well.
Seems I’m in the ballpark for reasonable price tho vs the 2dollars for 4 litre small jugs I originally found

In the long run you’ll save more on a 5 stage ro home countertop system. ~$100

2 Likes

thanks Osage I was looking into those, they seem to be about 300 Canadian so I figured I’d get a couple grows under my belt and see if I need to invest in a water chiller first.

1 Like