California Dream (2nd grow ever) - Grobo vs Tent (harvested)

thanks @Aang !!! :blush:

2 Likes

iā€™m always looking for grow help :slight_smile:

this is my current 8 week :spiral_calendar: game plan based on modified curing info obtained from AG (thanks @Vicc, @Mpower11, etc):

• week 1: slow dry with a dry trim after 5 days or so, pending humidity. trim up buds and remove large stems. place in quart mason jars about 3/4 full with a mini-hygrometer and a target RH @ 62%-70%.

• week 2: burb jars 2x per day to lower RH to 62%. remove most remaining stems and clean up any sweet leaves hidden between buds. goal is to keep RH at 62% without boveda packs.

• week 3-6: vacuum seal with hygrometer and 62% boveda packs. unseal and break up buds 2x per week in order to get some oxygen circulation between the buds.

• week 7-8: cure in mason jar with 62% boveda packs and burp 1x per week. let the ā€œpacked inā€ buds air out and expand during this time

I used the vacuumed sealed method for the tentā€™s harvest but I think I will cure the traditional way for the groboā€™s harvest. the grobo grow had some larger buds that I donā€™t want to ā€œcompressā€. the vacuum seal methods does ā€œcompressā€ airy buds together to form some nice solid nugs.

8 Likes

@ChicagoCypher_CC,

ā€¦

ā€¦

ā€¦

ā€¦

• From: ((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

• To: (#ILoveThisFlower): :white_flower: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart: :blossom:

• To: ((#Harvesting)): (#Congratulations): :older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

8 Likes

Plan sounds good overallā€¦ Sounds like you have a good handle on it. Iā€™m old school I donā€™t vacuum seal by buds what I would all as a option in your week 7-8 chat I would add oxygen absorbers with the boveda packsā€¦ You remove the oxygen from the jar like vac seal without ā€œcompressā€ the buds

Big factor on dry also is can you control climate in your dry room? This helps a lot

5 Likes

Congrats on your harvest!

That sounds like a good plan. Drying may take a bit longer imo, mines took 10 days to dry under 62-65% rh. I gauged the buds by the snap of the stems, 70% of the stems should snap before I trim them.

6 Likes

thank you for the feedback and advice!!! :smile:

i had a humidifier on inside my tent while drying to attempt to keep the RH up above 55%. i was looking to dry as slow as possible but thought it was strange that I was adding water to the tent while wanting to remove water from the buds :crazy_face:

5 Likes

much appreciated as iā€™m still charged up about being able to grow my own high quality reefer :smiley:

condoā€™s temps stay at a controlled cool all year long but the humidity inside can get low which was causing a quicker dry than desiredā€¦turned on the humidifier inside the tent to attempt to slow down the dry moreā€¦iā€™ll do better next time in controlling the dry room temps :thermometer: thanks again for your feedback and your posts

5 Likes

FINAL Weight :balance_scale: (TENT :tent: vs GROBO :groboone:)

• trimmed buds were curing for several weeks prior to final weigh in

• shake consists of airy larfy buds and ground up sweet leaves

• TENT = buds (97g) shake (55g)

• GROBO = buds (30g) shake (11g)

TOTAL = premium buds (127g) shake (66g)

Happy with the results in having 193 grams of California Dream for smoke :dash: :fire:

The tent grow was a simple set up with minimal maintenance. I like the easy access to the plant and to have climate controls inside the tent. The plant always looked strong and healthy with good color. I was trying to give this young plant away to a friend early on but decided to try out a tent grow insteadā€¦so so glad that I kept her :slight_smile:

The grobo produced less than my 1st grow however the buds look much firmer and denser due to better trimming and less main colas. Grobo has been a fantastic growing journey for me as I would have never considered growing without their support

Thank You (again) :pray:t4: AG and Grobo team for helping me directly and indirectly on successfully completing my 2nd grow!

ā€¦3rd grow has started with three young OG Skywalkers in the worksā€¦

16 Likes

Congratulations on your harvest looks nice :+1:

9 Likes

thank you! much appreciated and thanks for all @Mpower11 :+1:t4:

9 Likes