California Dream (2nd grow ever) - Grobo vs Tent (harvested)

You could definitely defoliate them both up to the top 8-10” of growth! Removing small branches and bud sites, In this way you will help the plant concentrate on bud growth :slight_smile:

I’m always recommending defoliation!

3 Likes

:+1:t4: thanks for the advice @OrionsCeiling!!!

i’ll get on the defo as I like to try to get some fatter buds this time around :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Day 104: :tent: vs :groboone: (update)

• upgraded my 16"x16"x48" tent to a Vivosun 20"x36"x63" tent as I ran out of head room :straight_ruler:

• tent grow is much larger in comparison…

• two or three branches :tanabata_tree:fell over” in the tent due to top heavy weight during the weekly water change…tied them up “straight”…guess a good problem to have :question:

• enjoy the tent accessibility for plant maintenance compared to the grobo…so far i love the results and cost of the mars ts 600w (100w actual) :sunny:…was considering upgrading (later down the road) to either a Mars TS 2000w or a Spider Farmer SF 2000 ?

• any feedback is appreciated as i’m always learning along the way :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Lookin good, I do have one question though.

Based on your leave and bud structures, I ask, is a light in the room that your Grobo is in? If so, I would recommend turning it off. The front glass of the Grobo Premium does not block light completely, so any light in the room will penetrate the Grobo, causing issues with your plant’s maturation.

With that said, I hope it I helped!

4 Likes

:fist_right:!

Brilliant comparison bud :clap:

Different Strokes n all that :wink:!

I’m somewhat disabled so with everything taken into consideration & effort needed I’d go grobo every time me finks :thinking:!!..

After the Learning Curve :flushed:!:roll_eyes:!:wink:!

& grobo & alike are really biting at there guide ropes :metal:!:rofl:!..

4 Likes

thank you @OrionsCeiling as I always appreciated your input ! :+1:t4:

hopefully no light exposure issues as I actually removed the light above to make sure it stays dark as possible :slight_smile:

I keep a cloth draped over the grobo to help out too

both grows were started at the same time but the grobo was held in late vegetation for 2 weeks longer in hopes to get a taller grow…

thanks again :grinning:

5 Likes

thank you @Gmann

appreciated the feedback…surprising i spend the same amount of minimal effort on the tent as i do the grobo …both have weekly water changes with nutrients where it takes about 20 minutes to complete both grows…i only check the pH during water changes…don’t know how to check or change EC levels…i would not have had the confidence to do a tent grow without my 1st grobo experience

3 Likes

Hi @OrionsCeiling

after some research, i added some PK with General Hydroponic Liquid Kool Bloom to the General Hydroponics line that I was already using …added 12.5ml to the Grobo as well…never used supplement nutrients in the Grobo before so I’ll see how it compares as I specifically did not want any “gooey” nutrients

FYI Chicago’s Brew and Grow provided excellent customer service during my 1st visit to this location as growing questions were answered, recommendations provided and the nutrients pricing were comparable to amazon…i’ll buy all my nutrients from this place moving forward if the service is always like that

IMG_6841

5 Likes

Hey I meant to respond yesterday but looks solid! 12.5mL sounds like a lot considering there are already nutrients being added to the Grobo reservoir but if there is no burn on your plants then by all means! My only worry would be over-nitrifying the plant. I only added 1mL of big bud to my reservoir and I could see a significant amount of burn on the tips of the leaves. Just my two cents!

I’m glad your grow shop has what you need!! Unfortunately mine is a 50min drive. 2.5hr round trip, so I often order things from Amazon :wink:

4 Likes

thanks bro!!! i’ll keep a close :eye: out with the nutrients…had some burnt tips with my 1st grobo grow with no extra nutes added in which I tried to do top off fills :sweat_drops: the day after the weekly drain/fill days to attempt to help with the burn :fire:

3 Likes

Day 119: :tent: vs :groboone: (update)

• tent grow had more and more branches bending over :tanabata_tree:…a tent scrog was added to support the top heavy branches…water changes :droplet: in bucket will not be as easy anymore…

• upgraded MarsTs600 lights :flashlight: to a Spider Farmer SF2000 :sunglasses: yesterday. Love Mars but the this light was a good fit for this sized tent (20"x36")…plan to do two (2) bubble boy buckets :wastebasket: in this tent on my next grow…sold my 16"x16" tent and Mars light to a good friend for a hundo

• reduce tent nutrients based off of nutrient recommendations and anticipation of flush while waiting 4 amber :brown_heart: . Consider using something like flawless finish during flush period…

• Grobo :groboone: buds :green_heart: appear to better off than my previous grow. 1st grow had 10 main colas and a lot of side pieces. This one has 8 main colas and a few extra side branches. I will focus :face_with_monocle: on 6 main colas for my next grobo grow

• AG feedback is always appreciated

7 Likes

Where did you get that black machine behind your Grobo?

2 Likes

:fist_right:

It’s a filtration Mod I got off
@KeefGreenLeef
Works a treat too :wink:!:+1:!

1 Like

Day 133: :tent: vs :groboone: (update)

• :tent: traces of amber :brown_heart: :brown_heart: :brown_heart:

• hoping to take her down this upcoming weekend :smiley:

• :groboone: grobo is coming along :slightly_smiling_face: with a couple of weeks remaining until amber

• enjoyed a nice day out to appreciate a vegetable garden just outside the city limits (@chicago botanical garden)

#grow your own :laughing: :heart:

7 Likes

garden looks great!! Love it…

I know this is late now next tent grow I would 100% add Carbs (Sugars) to the mix Example is Bud Candy by advanced nutrients

3 Likes

thank you @Mpower11 your grows and garden have been enjoyable to follow.

when is it suggested to add “sugars”? i’ll give it a try on my next tent grow

3 Likes

Thanks

I normally use Carbs week 1 to 6 of flower. It really brings out the Flavor of the buds.

2 Likes

HAPPY to have completed and HARVESTED my 1st tent grow and my 2nd grobo grow!! :star_struck:

thank you AG community for all your help throughout via readings, posts, comments, etc

:tent:

:groboone:

• Day 156 (harvest)

IMG_7634

• dry trimmed :scissors: this time

• hope to improve personal CURING process this time around too :slight_smile:

• final weight :balance_scale: to come …

12 Likes

You need some help curing? It’s so important… What is your current plan or do you have it under control?

6 Likes

Congrats on your grobo and tent harvest :slight_smile :grinning:

4 Likes