Bud Washing

https://www.docbudsbrix.com/bud-washingSo there is nothing on forum yet on this topic. I was able to do a bit of research and did the act yesterday on my tent grow(pic soon on my grow thread) easily found on YouTube. I used baking soda and concentrated lemon juice and ph ro water. 3 separate buckets with 1cup product to 3 gallons each except ro water. Phd to 6.5. Hung to dry for 4 hours. Currently in herbs now for 96hours at least. At 60 to 70f ish and 40 to 50% rh. Hopefully I didn’t screw it up :grimacing::pray::man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’ve heard of this but don’t have any experience with it …

2 Likes

Couple good sites saying it should be done on everything. I’m about 50 hours till dry so couple of days and I’ll post pics

3 Likes

Added doc buds link to original post. Actually wished I used this instead of the other one :man_shrugging:

I researched and used H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) and water on one of my autos that had some powdery mildew. I dunked it. It removed all traces of mildew with no affect on bud. Amnesia tastes great.

Here’s the link for some info.

5 Likes

Is this method used for harvest with mildew or just in general?

1 Like

I dont see why it wouldn’t work for in general. Might do it for my last outdoor plant. Its covered in random particles including pine needles and who knows what else bird crap. Most is just stuck to buds. Would only remove/kill organisms and water would remove other stuff that’s not stuck on.

2 Likes

So maybe more for outdoor and mold grows than a grobo grow?

Yeah, but if your looking to wash it I dont see a difference from the other one or just water. That’s just a thought and from all the different washes and home made preventive sprays I looked into.

2 Likes

H2O2 is water soluble and dissipates with no residue or scent. Has tons on uses.

2 Likes

I’d use it for everything. One grower stated it helps take off dead plant material you don’t need to ingest so even if you don’t have molds or pests it still seems beneficial. As long as you can dry it properly after it’s wash I think it shouldn’t be any worse than not doing it.

1 Like

So to be clear you would recommend this after a grobo harvest before the dry mode and curring?

1 Like

Yep I’m going to do it on every plant I grow now. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

This method is most often used on outdoor grows @Bplatinum9, where birds, bugs and more are often visitors. With a careful indoor grow, it can introduce more issues than it’s worth in my opinion.

Cheers,
Stephen

9 Likes