Bubba kush

So i wasnt sure if the seed was damaged during delivery or not and after 2 weeks hadnt sprouted. Nothing appears wrong with the seed, however my pod seems to be infected with mold or fungus or something. Anyone seen this before on the top of the pod.
Shout out to the two of you who hooked this brotha up with some new seeds (not wappa). Totally stoked to try this stuff. Appreciate your generosity greatly.

Going to pop another bubba kush seed in later, but trying to still sprout the first seed too. Not sure if the mold inhibits growth or kills it.

3 Likes

Damn, what the duck happened?! Maybe try to germinate the 1st seed outside of the coco pod and put the 2nd seed inside the coco pod. I have no idea what the green stuff is. Keep us posted!

1 Like

Thats what im doing. One out of the pod and a new pod. Never seen this before

2 Likes

You know how we say: “white on the pod is ok but green or black is not” – that’s the green (algae).

When it’s fed warm enough water (especially with nutrients) it grows really quickly.

You could try blocking the light to inhibit growth though temperature helps much more.

5 Likes

Another idea might be to try “blacking out” your res.

I’ve used this a couple times to germinate in one of my units. Might just be a placebo effect but it seemed to work when I was having difficulties: my res lid cover

5 Likes

Pod was colder when removed. Not hot. Its winter here so temps are likely 18c to 22c

That’s odd then.

There’s also the water it was soaked in before getting a seed, though perhaps it got wet/warm at some time in the past before you used it and was already like that?

I noticed one of my pods was a bit greyer and dried-up compared to others. In a pile of about 10-15 pods that one stood out as suspect or at least different.

4 Likes

I never knew there was so much light exposure underneath the lid. That’s a very cool idea/modification. I’m still undecided on germinating inside or outside of the Grobo for my next grow. I’m 1 of 2 in having a successful germination inside the Grobo.

1 Like

I suspect its a tested sponge that had too much humidity in it prior to use and the mold grew and surpressed the seed. Ive had an order of say 4 or 5 pods and 4 are bone dry and 1 is extremely moist or wet inside. I was told its normal. But that creates opportunity

4 Likes

If we ruled out the water temp then the coco pod could be a suspect.

2 Likes

Wow, that is an incredible difference, looks like I have a fun project for tomorrow. :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

My take on this is that when germinating outside the grobo it’s possible to shock it when introducing it to the cocopod and that can easily slow it down by at least a few days. I’ve found that when it starts in the cocopod it just “takes off” sooner and without delay.

When I did it (germinated outside, in a shot glass) I had the glass near a seedling mat, though, and then it went into a cold cocopod. I’ve heard of somebody germinating in the cocopod but outside of the grobo with success.

6 Likes

How about germinating in the grobo coco pod in a propagation dome and transferring her into the grobo when she’s big enough?

5 Likes

I combined this idea with the direct to pod method by inserting my cocopod into the reservoir lid, planting the ungerminated seed, and then placing a clear plastic cup upside down over top the pod.

6 Likes

Let me know how this works. Might be a route to go down the road

I always germinate directly in the pod with this method for this reason. Ive had 5 seeds failed in 2 years. 4 of them canuk seeds. This one was not but suspect the pod was the culprit

6 Likes

Thats my next run. Germinating inside grobo under a dome or cup. Great idea!

5 Likes