Brown spots-should I trim

Should I trim off these two fan leaves with brown spots.

4 Likes

That’s pretty normal in the Grobo. A drain/fill or topping off the water in your reservoir should help a little bit

3 Likes

Keep the fans for now. They might not be pretty to look at but your plant needs those currently to keep shooting up. They are simply showing a deficiency or nutrient shock, but are not dying per-say, so they are still doing what they’re supposed to. In the next week or so you might be able to start removing some of them/lower end stuff depending on how the plant has grown and if they are now covered by new stuff up top or not

Soon you may be able to tuck your fan leaves underneath the growth too to keep them in the game while exposing light to the lower growth

Here’s an example of what I did with my current grow around Day 25

Don’t try to force them under if there’s nothing to tuck them under yet, but soon the growth tips (new branches) will start getting long enough that they can hold a fan leaf underneath them and keep it in place; just gotta be patient and wait for the right time

3 Likes

Thanks!!!
Something like this:

3 Likes

Nice! that looks pretty good to me :smiley: Now all that new growth is exposed while the leaves are still there to soak up the energy on the outer edges of the plant

3 Likes

Now I need to work on humidity. It’s really dry, I’ve ordered a humidifier for the room.

3 Likes

If you don’t have one, adding a humidifier will definitely help you get that humidity up! I think it’s harder to drop humidity than it is to add it honestly.

Plus side is, once it’s in Flower you will have a good time with keeping the humidity lower to prevent mold and rot issues.

3 Likes