Brown spots on leaf

@Todd.grobo @Bplatinum9 notice something on one of the leaves 5th day into early vegetation sage.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Is your coco pod wet? If so, you may want to gently raise the coco pod above the lid or the plant will suffer from damping off.

Did your Nute bottles dispensed during the last drain/fill? You can mark the bottles after every drain/fill to make sure they’re dispensing appropriately

4 Likes

I dont see anything in the photo but i would raise your pod a bit

2 Likes

2 Likes

Is that the spot your asking about?
If so can you tell me if its brown discoloration, bugs, or debris from the pod, your pic is too blurry to make out!

Your roots look good. You could have been suffering from a ph problem early on and a lot of times the plant will correct and repair on its own.
I would suggest a mini fan on the inside of your grobo to cut some of the moisture if you even have any!
Keep an eye out for the brown spots spreading going forward because most of the time it only effects the first couple leaves and always check under leaves for possible bugs. Dont panic just yet, repost in a couple days or if this gets worse! :eyes::seedling: p.s. It would help to see your nutrient levels if you have time for a picture, make sure you show them all.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Turn your bottles to the side and mark a line with a sharpie everytime you drain and fill so you start to learn how the nutrients are dispensed.
Remember to give t a he machine time after a drain and fill to dispense, youll hear the noise!
When taking photos of nutes, step back and take all of them in one shot, we can always expand the picture to see better.
It helps to gauge the levels better!
Check your lines to the nute bottles making sure they are not kinked or trapped so they dispense properly. Especially bottle #3 :eyes::seedling:
Using reversed osmosis water or distilled will save you some nutrients as well as your plant!

2 Likes

Okay and yeah I’m using distilled water. Definitely appreciate the advice.

2 Likes

I mix reversed osmosis and distilled to cut down on nutes! :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

Thanks good to know. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Should I be concern

strong text

1 Like

If you are asking about the color of your roots, they are fine. What we see there is discoloration from the nutrients. We see a “color line” where the roots meet the water line.

2 Likes

Okay thanks I’m new to this I’m learning as I go. I appreciate the advice

Does this cut down on bottles 3, 4 and 5 or just 1 & 2…?

I’m trying to wrap my head around why people mix RO and Distilled rather than just using one or the other?

Any information would be great.

2 Likes

Hey @Cannabis_rell ,
Have you been using any Hydroguard in your fill water?
If not its probably a good idea to get you some sooner than later so you don’t end up with root rot worries later!
Use 3 teaspoons in each fill when you get it!
Keep the roots from being exposed from the light as much as possible! :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

I started using RO & Distilled mix on my second grow because I noticed It used less of 1 & 2 during drain and fills then either one in its entirety.
Regular cleaning sensors between each grow was the only thing I have found that works for bottles 3-5.
Some plants just eat more too! I have one in now that’s sucking up 3-5 and its still short!
All three bottles are pretty level with each other which is a good sign! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

Yeah I ordered some hydroguard should be to me by Monday. And thanks for the info definitely very helpful

1 Like