Brown on first 2 leaves

The first 2 actual pot leaves have brown on them. What is it and what do I do??

2 Likes

Send in a ticket, support@grobo.io
Your new growth looks okay but you should have them look at your data. Maybe wait a day or two and give those leaves a snip. Did you calibrate your ph probe before starting this new grow?

1 Like

Oh am I suppose to?? I was gonna snip those off in a day or two anyways.

2 Likes

The calibration/cleaning of the probe, yeah you should. I didn’t and my second grow started out like yours. But it’s an easy fix

2 Likes

Sending a support ticket will take forever here’s what you do … drain and fill with plain water to flush out the plant … you can leave the ph bottles connected but disconnect the other nutrient bottles until you see the plant recover then resume … this has happened to me every grow in the grobo and is a result of ph swings well atleast for mine

3 Likes

When this happened to me it was root rot starting to set in. Take a peek at your roots too, carefully, and see if they’re still nice and white. About halfway down mine were almost black and slimey

@RMayea,

((#Brown)):

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=brown

((SupportTicket)):

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Support responds to every ticket within 24 hours, if not faster. Weekends are the exception, that’s when the Champions here are super valuable.

For early rusting on seedlings, I’m having success raising the pH levels a touch. It allows the plant to absorb more of the calcium/magnesium supplement we provide. I don’t recommend removing any nutrients from the system. pH has a harder time adjusting when the EC is under 0.5

TLDR; A support ticket is your best bet if you have a plant issue. Champions on AG are great for weekend support.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

The roots are all white. I snipped the 2 brown leaves off. Took a look at them and they felt dry and rough. Plus didn’t smell like a pot leaf, to me it smelt like tomato lol. Maybe the seed wasn’t a pot plant. Who knows lol I’m still learning.

Looks like a Cannabis plant in pics👍

2 Likes

Hahaha thanks

2 Likes

Yeah definitely cannabis lol. Did they do anything for you? Adjust ph?

I’m not sure I’ve seen a support ticket for this issue yet @Russel_Richardson. Have you submitted one @RMayea? I’ll often push your pH range up a bit to solve this issue.

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like