Blue dream second grow

So this morning went to check on her same thing happened again main stem
Broke above the coco pod I didn’t trim anything I have it set for 40% humidity and 75 during the day and 70 at night strong grow but idk if the genetics of the seeds I have are bad need answers lol doing a different grow soon

1 Like

Sounds like damping off.

Once your root is in the water, it’s been really important lately for everyone to raise their pods up a half inch or inch above the res level and dry the pod out ASAP… it stays too wet and causes these issues. Seems to be happening to a lot of people…

1 Like

Never had it happen only when I tried and grow blue dream I will do that for my third time … thanks @pyromancy!!

1 Like

Did it look like the stem was weak and eating away, getting thinner with discoloration/dark spots?

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah definitely Damping off man, that sucks…

Again, raising the pod and drying it out is the best defense. Also, using Hydroguard in the reservoir as well as (what i’ve found out recently) a product like Armor Si will help keep the stalk strong.

3 Likes

Some dark she look strong for a long time but I never notice dark spots just thin roots above the coco pod no stress at all is my I was lost about this grow lol

1 Like

I have bin using Hydroguard that’s why I was lost about this grow lol but hey you live and learn new tricks with different grows thanks @pyromancy

Yeah… Hydroguard helps to keep the roots healthy but it doesn’t really prevent the damping off, it’s just a good beneficial bacteria to have in the mix to help.

Too much sogginess in the Coco pod is what causes the lack of oxygen and eating away of the stem at the base of the coco :[ Thus why it’s important to dry out the pod after the root is in the water and try your best to keep it that way.

3 Likes