Bloom booster

So I know we can use the basic stuff , hydro grow , recharge … but my real question is do you think it would be okay to use bloom booster , when our plants go to bud in the grobo , I remember them saying like it’s all specific as in the nutrients they have … what do you guys think ? I get my grobo this week still waiting on shipping , and i want to get the most out of my first grow , with scrog Lts , everything I’m just really wondering if this will make a difference . I’m only asking because i saw some people talk about it. And i think it’s a discussion we can all have !!

5 Likes

What brand are you using?
Bloom booster is not replacing grobo nuts its an additive for growing bigger buds right?
Is it compatible with all nutrients and brands?

It will say something like this:
Note: At Advanced Nutrients, we do not use paclobutrazol, daminozide, or any other banned plant growth regulators in our products.
ATTENTION: Big Bud® is completely compatible with all pH Perfect® and non pH Perfect® Base Nutrients along with all competitors Base Nutrients and Supplements.

If you use it be mindful to mix it into your PH water and feed it during drain and fills so that your grobo nuts can adjust properly.
Solely my personal opinion but I don’t think it will hurt anything, I just have never used it, I have used big bud which should be similar with good results.

7 Likes

I saw you talking about it that’s where the idea came from I was going to order the big buds also and hopefully see some good results !!

2 Likes

Advanced nutrients has a bud ignitor and overdrive for bigger buds! Check them out…

https://www.advancednutrients.com/products/bigger-buds/

4 Likes

I use big bud By advanced nutrients really made a difference

4 Likes

I use the full line of advanced nutrients during every stage of plant growth accordingly. Have been since going manual. If you add everything like I do it will work your ph bottles to nothing. I unplugged everything (nutes that is) and mix everything prior to fill. Works just fine that way :+1::v:

4 Likes

I’ve noticed no difference in supersoil utilizing big bud since my soil is already rich in potassium, acids, nitrogen & magnesium, but the recommenced dose of overdrive saw some improvements. Adding to the soil with a top dressing will get these same effects imo. Spiking the greater need of phosphorus and potassium.

Manufacturer notes
“The bottom line is that ascorbic acid, citric acid, all 20 L-form amino acids, potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium are found in the correct ratios in the easy to use liquid bud potentiator - Big Bud ®.”

If you’re growing in soil using aerated tea in a composted soil as well adding molasses to your feed like I am then you likely won’t benefit from “big bud”. Some folks swear by it, I saw no evidence that it made a difference in comparison to my current and past grows. I highly recommend the AdvancedNutrients lineup, but many of their products can be made at home cheaper

3 Likes

And what about the grobo , I’m not growing in soil , I want to know if we can benefit from big bud from our water resivors…

2 Likes

Abet answer is yes.

2 Likes

What Osage said although you being “in warranty” with a new grobo will want to check with that support group (grobo support) to validate it will not cause harm to internal components. I know several folks that still use their grobo like Osage manually feed without issues, but they’re also out of warranty.

The real question is not if the extra nutes will help, but is the light in the unit strong enough for you to see improved yields? Imo no

4 Likes

I agree , @Stephen , maybe he can help us out with that answer.

2 Likes

Hey @Ray2nasty,

I’d skip the booster and save your cash. Focus on getting several colas in the sweet spot (above the 2nd fan but 5 inches below the light) and you will see an improved yield over adding more salts/sugars/acids.

Cheers,
Stephen

7 Likes

Sounds good , still waiting for my tracking !! Should be any day now from what yall said :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Ray2nasty,

Just saw your name come up as I was preparing shipping labels/tracking numbers for the latest batch of Grobo’s heading out.

For some reason, thought you might like to know. :wink:

Happy holidaze,
Stephen

7 Likes

:slight_smile: thank you stephen been waiting a month for this took me alittle bit for me to save up the amount yall wanted , I’ve been super excited ! Done more than all the research I could for this and you guys have been more than helpful and supportive! Can’t wait for the grobo to arrive :slight_smile: hopefully I will be getting shipping and tracking shortly thank you so much Stephen! Cheers !

7 Likes

Do you use these advanced nutrients on top of GH nutrients?

1 Like

They are perfectly suitable for all other brands of nutrients.
So far I have only tried the Big bud and flawless flush and they both work really well with no problem mixed with Grobo nutrients. Hope this answers your questions but if not I’m always around!

4 Likes

It did thanks

2 Likes