**Beta** [New Drain & Fill] --Closed

Review for New Drain & Fill web app features.

I just wanted to share my thoughts and feedback for these new features coming to your Grobo in the near future.

As a Beta testers I was asked to give feedback for the following categories; Graphics, User Flow, Wording.

Lets get to it!

Graphics:
Here are a few screen shots of the new process. Ill take screen shots for each screen for my next drain and fill.

I really liked the graphical interface. It seamlessly blends well with the overall theme of the app and everything is spaced out nicely. The added animations are a nice touch and really my only complaint of the new graphics and animations would be during the drain animation. The bottom grey shadow on the 2nd or 3rd frame goes a shade darker for that single frame. Other than that little tiny OCD thing I think the new features add a new level of sophistication to the overall presentations.

User Flow:
This part of the new feature is really what I was impressed by. As you can see from the above pictures the spacing of the buttons are perfect and I like the clear and concise instructions for pausing a drain or fill. As I was reading the two lines of instructions for pausing I noticed the second line was to use the button at the back of the unit to pause and restart the drain or fill. Seriously mind blown, if that’s not a new feature and I just found out about it I will be so mad. Users of the app who need to take care of their weekly maintenance they will never get lost throughout the process. The app directs you in an intelligent and logical manner which removes any confusion. I also really like how once the whole process is finished you have the option of starting a new drain and fill which is great for cleaning when you have to do multiple drain and fills to properly rinse out the vinegar/water mix. Overall really enjoyed the experience and I look forward to my next drain and fill.

Wording:
Okay, please tell me if my suggestion doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. On the top line that says either “Drain Your Grobo” or “Fill Your Grobo”. I think it would sound better with just “Drain Grobo” or “Fill Grobo” or even "Drain ‘insert name of your grobo here’. ex. “Fill WW Factory” or “Drain WW Factory”. (WW stands for White Widow my first grow :stuck_out_tongue:).

Other than that I think the wording is perfect.

In conclusion I think the added features improves upon the current drain and fill process by making everything more straight forward and at the same time removes any questions of doubt the user may have.

Thank you @Stephen for giving me the chance to try out new features and thank you Grobo team for making all of this happen.

8 Likes

My d/f is tmrw so I’ll get to see but looks good. It would be cool if it said it was draining and filling the name of the unit if that’s what you were getting at @Stephane lol

2 Likes

@Stephane
Great review. I agree with you and never thought about multiple drains for cleaning. That’s a great point.

4 Likes

Lol. Exactly what I meant.

1 Like

Hey @Stephane,

This is epic feedback, my hat is off to you. (Who are we kidding, a hat would ruin the mohawk, I never wear them. The feeling of gratitude remains though. :wink: )

We are quite excited for several new features in the works and are glad you like the direction we are heading with this one. I worked on the drain animation shadow fix and must have missed one. That my friend is a good eye. Great feedback on the text too.

Keep it coming,
Stephen

3 Likes

((#FillWorksNicely))… :wink:

3 Likes

I agree with what @Stephane said. Walks you through it very smoothly, wording can’t be any easier to understand lol. Cool animation on the drain and fill parts. I just noticed though that it stopped well before the low fill line and I have a good 3-4 inches of water in my bucket that normally would have gotten sucked up, is this normal @Stephen ? I’m only 4 days into early veg

3 Likes

Ok, I just completed my drain and fill. I really liked the new animation and the walk through was really smooth. However my grobo is not draining properly again. There was maybe 1/8in of water at the bottom of the tank and the grobo was just blowing bubbles and making a sucking noise. I had to unplug it and plug it back in to complete my fill. The fill feature worked really smooth no issues at all. It stopped just like it was supposed too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Russel_Richardson,

The system fills to a different level in stage 2, to dry out the coco pod to fight damping off. It is the only stage that fills lower than usual.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

Hey @Mcmanis,

I know you have been in contact with @GroboJason through support, but I’d like to add my two cents to see if we can get you sorted. Here is what the system is designed to do:

Drain the tank waiting for the bottom water level sensor to be triggered.
Once the system senses the sensor has dropped, the system continues to drain for 30-45 seconds to remove a bit more water.
This will result in some water remaining in the tank for each drain and you will see bubbles in your bucket at the end of your drain. You have two black tubes going into the left side of the reservoir. One is short (the fill tube) and one should reach down to the bottom of the tank. The long one can sometimes shift in shipping, so you may need to push it down a bit. Be careful of not pinching off bottle #2’s dosing hose when you do this. So in short, sounds like the unit is working as it should.

When you are next scheduled to drain your unit, give it a bit more time before the unplug to see if it will complete the drain for you. Thanks for the feedback!!

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like

I drained last night. Not draining again till Wednesday. I allowed it to blow bubbles for a bit but the light never turned on to the white light like it did before. It didnt blow bubbles before either. I will double check the hoses.

2 Likes

Okay cool thanks @Stephen the roots are well into the water I was just curious as to why I had a lot of water left I just don’t remember it doing that the first time I guess lol.

I just bent the hose on mine the other way and it pretty much sucks all the water up now but it still does leave a tiny bit. But yeah I noticed it pinched the #2 tube so I just had to do a little more maneuvering but fine now

1 Like

Mine leaves water in the tank as well but I just hit Resumè and it drains it all out

3 Likes

When I drain next I’m going to try to check the hoses

Awesome, I bet that is the issue you are running into. Keep us posted on how it goes eh?

Cheers,
Stephen

Count me in!

1 Like

So after the second time using the new drain and fill I can say that I prefer this way to the old. Everything just seems more seamless when going from draining to filling and the graphics are a nice touch. Looking forward to using this from now on! Good work Grobo team!:beers:

4 Likes

Hi @Highland_Park,

Thanks for the interest, but we have already ended this beta program and pushed this new feature live. Please feel free offer feedback on your thoughts.

Stephen

Thanks @Russel_Richardson,

I’ve passed along your message to the software team and see lot’s of smiles. Wait til you see the new calibration feature we are working on now!

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes