Best Air-Stone

Mornin all :wink:

With the multitude of choice out there :exploding_head:!:rofl:! can anyone recommend a decent Air Stone for my Grobi :wink:??

Been looking @ Disc Type :thinking:!!

4 Likes

Haven’t used mine yet, but I have a back-up just in case something happens with mine.

I got:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W2JJSWV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However, no idea if it’s good or not yet…

I was unsure which one to get myself, but I noticed that a lot of people just got all kinds of different ones, sometimes just from a local store etc. I have a feeling this one will work just as good if not better than the Grobo one when I need to use it.

So far, Grobo one is working great! Gave it a soak in h2o2 after my last grow to clean it out.

4 Likes

Is this what you mean m8 :wink:??..

& there the ones I’ve been looking at :wink: Good deal @ Amazon atm too :wink:!:rofl:!..

2 Likes

Yep, Hydrogen Peroxide… typical stuff you use for cuts and wounds etc

1 Like

This is my go to, can be found on amazon.

Uniclife Aquarium Air Pump Dual Outlet with Accessories for Up to 100 Gallon Tank

5 Likes

I have the vivosun 4 inch and 5 inch (one in each of my systems). They work great.

3 Likes

I had to bypass the grobo air pump with these & I must say with Great grobo support & instructions & am more than happy even with needing 2 :roll_eyes:!

Just the air stone needs improvement & the previous mention seems to fit the bill :wink:

4 Likes

This is the one I use and I love it. use it with a 32W air pump from Vivosun and it does great and has a 6 port manifold.

2 Likes

Sorted :+1:

:wink::seedling:

3 Likes

Hi @Bplatinum9 do you use this instead of the original one in grobo? Is this necessary? If it is how did you set it up? Sorry i’m on first grow and its seems to be going good so far without the extra air stones? and you have also helped me out with some nice advice. thank you so much.

Thanks Manny,
I use this pump and air stones in my grobo with the grobo stone that comes with the machine because it was wearing out.
The clear tubes connected to the stone will be the only thing inside the grobo, I entered through the back panel and put one on each side of the reservoir.
I then set the pump outside the grobo to keep down noise and heat and plug it in and your done, its just tricky to get the reservoir lid to sit back down with the lines in so you may have to move things around until you can get your best fit. hope this helps! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Thanks @Bplatinum9 …How did you know the grobo one was wearing out? So now you use this air pump instead of original grobo air pump? And do you see a tremendous difference in the plant?

1 Like

Hey Manny,
I knew the stone was wearing out because it gets smaller and creates less bubbles.
Because i still run the stone from grobo the a ir pump inside is still attached to it.
If you plan on removing the airstone or not using it the pump inside can stay off or disconnected.
If you plan on buying the one I listed you can leave that pump outside the grobo while connected to the new airstone.
You may not see a Hugh difference but I just liked the extra protection incase my other one went out.
If you test it out maybe let me know what you think, my plants seem happy and perky with it! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

Thanks :blush: for the great advice will have a back up for sure

3 Likes