Bergman's Gold Leaf by ILGM - 2nd grow, 1st Grobo Start Transfer > Harvest!

I had a long haul with my ILGM Super Silver Haze, overcame a couple obstacles, and it looks like Ill harvest it in a week.

I could have started this earlier for a better overlap but I just got my Start last week, and setup my seed 2 days ago. I used the other pods for Rosemary herbs and Basil.

That last grow took at least 8 days of germination to show any signs of life. This one was out of the pod today on day2 and is standing up at the end of the day!

9 Likes

Mine popped the second day too!
So much faster than in the grobo for sure!
She should be trying to get rid of that seed hat next, drop a couple droos of water on shell so she can get out ok, without suffocating!
Remember to take the dome off after four leaves! :eyes::seedling:
So much fun right!

3 Likes

Yeah, its awesome. Funny; the weed popped and my herbs are still not doing anything.

I am a little worried. Turns out she was not standing up so much as escaping! I found her this morning completely out of the pod laying on her side. The pod is a little too tough and next time Ill dig the hole a little deeper and stuff the seed down as far as possible.
I grabbed her with the tweezers the long way and tried to push through the pod with the tweezes to re-bury it, it seemed to work.

4 Likes

This seems like a common issue with the Start from what I’ve seen. I wonder if the hole on the peat pod is too big. I don’t have one to explore however lol.

3 Likes

Maybe. I did stuff it with pod material on top too, and she just pushed it aside.
I pierced the bottom a few times with a toothpick the way the video did. But I think next time Ill make sure I am connecting with the hole and giving the roots multiple routes out.

5 Likes

Put a drop of water on your shell to help her out!!! :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

Went to do that this morning @Bplatinum9, and she had done it on her own overnight.
Looks like tweezer drilling worked.

2 Likes

I guess that is 4 leaves? The 2nd set is still tiny…

Yep you can take the dome off now! :eyes::seedling:

1 Like

Transferring to Grobo tomorrow

2 Likes

24 hours in the Grobo and roots are stained brown already.

Added 5ml silica (Rhino Skin) to water before fill. Added 10 ml of Hydroguard and 1 ml of mycorrhizae (Orca) after nutes dispensed.

2 Likes

So in the pic above you can see brown and red specs floating where the white plastic is. The stuff is everywhere. It was on my last grow too. But I was using Recharge for that grow, and it seemed to be the cause.
Between grows I DEEP cleaned the unit. I drained and filled a few times without dispensing bottles.
Maybe this stuff was in the bottle lines?

I think that was the case. I drained all that yucky water out of the bottom of the tank with a turkey baster, wiped down the inside of the tank, and then filled with the drained nute water (which looked fine) plus some fresh distilled. Now it seems to be as clean as it should be.
Maybe in the future I’ll let it dispense water through the bottle lines while cleaning.

2 Likes

1 month old. This strain is growing great through early veg, hope it keeps up this way.
Could not believe it, but I saw 5 nodes (plus starter leaves made 6). Topped it.

This basil I planted the same day.

(added the extension after pic)

1 Like

Late Vegetation (Day 7 /14)

I chose this seed because it is supposed to be a strong resilient strain. So far it is.
Last grow forced me into a flat canopy with a lot of bud sites because of all the extended veg time. I think for this plant I want to go for the quickest turn-around. I may not top again and just push through with a focus on 6 colas.

Basil plant was in full stretch, but a prosciutto caprese sando forced a pruning. Tasted great!

2 Likes

DAY 40
Late Vegetation (Day 16 /21)

1 Like

Day 52

2 Likes

Day 111

2 Likes

@BeeDubya - Nice!

(Ive been watching your grow too.)

1 Like

It’s going to be my second ever.