Beginner growing techniques

:wink:

1 Like

So Iā€™m on seed #2. Like the first, it splits within a couple days, but never sprouts. This seed I have now will be on day 6 today, split has happened, white root, but no signs of sprouting. In soil Iā€™ve had no problem getting the first shouts to come out in a few days to 5 max. Coco pod is moist, using all techniques suggested for Grobo. I guess since I havenā€™t gotten a seed to sprout yet in my unit, Iā€™m getting nervous lol. After the seed spilts, how long have some of you out there had to wait to see some leaves??

2 Likes

Hey @Dew

You should be able to see life sprouting from the coco pod anywhere from day 3 to 10 days.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for the feedback @Azuri. Weā€™ll wait it out, give it another week. Maybe after dosing starts, itā€™ll speed it up? Itā€™s a GSC strain. Does have a longer grow time than most-

1 Like

Seeds are new territory for me @DrDrew Iā€™ve previuosly used clones. The first seed I did in my Grobo popped and is currently growing. Others have had good luck with germinating in a paper towel. If your water is topped off and your coco pod is damp with the aerator running it should pop for you.

2 Likes

@Dew,
Is your seed a bag seed, or a fresh seed?.. It looks like it is alive so thatā€™s a great signā€¦

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

2 Likes

Hi @SilverGrobo,
It was a fresh seed but starting to become concerned with origin. Might try a more reliable bank. Iā€™m officially trying a bagged seed now. Third times the charm- Hopefully not a male, Iā€™ve had good luck with these and have had them a long time so might as well see. They look like good, healthy seeds- If this doesnā€™t work I might put in a ticket to make sure everything with my unit is as it should be. Other than my lock that never worked, I havenā€™t noticed anything with my Grobo. I found some good magnets to make sure my door is closed as it should be- Cheers

1 Like

Hey @Dew,

Welcome to All Growers! Your unit looks to be running correctly, pH has been adjusted down (Using tap water it seems?) and your EC is great, but the key to germination is a great mix of water and oxygen, plus good fresh genetics.

I do notice that you have not drained the unit at all. This is important to the health of your reservoir, as the system only doses after a successful drain and fill. Top up after 3 days, then completely drain and fill your unit.

I donā€™t recommend bag seed, as it is there in your bag due to a hermaphrodite plant in your dealers grow room. These seeds have a much higher tendency to herm again on you while you are growing out the strain. This causes you buds to have seeds and is not desirable.

Good luck on the next bean popping!

Stephen

2 Likes

Thanks @Stephen!
Thatā€™s good news to hear. Iā€™m using filtered water that uses RO. No sink water for my baby lol. I will let this one go through the stages of what the unit calls for. I did see somewhere on here that re-using the coco pod is ok, is that true? Lastly, Iā€™ve being doing a lot of seed research and think Humboldt should be a good try. .? Wanna try an auto strain. One more ? Stephen, are autos always a little less potent than there feminized counterpoints?
Example, og kush?

1 Like

@Dew,
How to pick Cannabis Seed for top quality bud - YouTube
Maybe this will helpā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

I did see this @SilverGrobo and yes it is very informative. Weā€™ll keep our fingers crossed!

1 Like

@Stephen Do you have photos of how you Lst in a grobo? Iā€™m going to be tying down my plant and just purchased the magnets from the grobo store.

Hi @alucard,

I donā€™t have pictures of tying down branches, but I am in the process of making a video grow guide that will follow two Grobo grows, one that I let be, and one that I perform some tips and tricks on. Itā€™s a big 4 month investment, but you are worth it. :wink:

Stay tuned!

Stephen

8 Likes

Thanks for all you do @Stephen Iā€™m looking forward to learning Lst tricks in the Grobo I know I will need it my Sativa dominant hybrid grows tall I need to bend it like beckham.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s hilarious but very true. My next grow is a straight sativa so Iā€™ll need some video help as well @Stephen your a champ for doing this :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I have strong magnet hooks in the grobo for my LST, with some string. I bend slowly, day by day, mostly by moving the magnets lower and allow the pull to move branches away from each other. It really helps to get light on the mid branch bud sites. :call_me_hand:t3: :sunny:

1 Like

Can you top more than once I have what I think is gonna be a runt so I was gonna try to top her a second time and see if she will Bush up a little more

1 Like

You really shouldnā€™t. Top once and add a week or two (depending your schedule) to your schedule so you donā€™t completely stunt it

1 Like