Availability and Cost of Nutrient Replacements

At this point in time only grobo support can adjust ph and ec. Unless there has been a development I’m unaware of. Typically we will ph our ro water before we fill the unit​:+1::v:

2 Likes

I was mistaken it was that you can calibrate the sensor at the beginning of the grow.

4 Likes

The grobo will adjust ph, some ppl like to get ph at a good level before filling grobo. @Bplatinum9 Ph up and down can be bought on amazon, I got small bottles since it’s concentrated. Also need to get a ph and ec tester to see where ur at.
@Stephen I will be careful IF the time comes, just thought for future or in dire need.

2 Likes

Just learning for now! Thanks in advance everyone! :handshake:

1 Like

Looks like the Flora series from General Hydroponics would work with grobo? Its a 5 part. Just wish they would sell 1L bottles of the grobo nutrients instead of ordering bottles each grow. I ordered an extra set just to have. :slight_smile:

Can anyone confirm Flora Series from GH?

Be careful using nutrients they have to be manually added to the water so they don’t harm the sensors and equipment built specific for the use of grobo nuts. Others could clog or break the system. There has been talk of manufacturing larger portions for refill.

5 Likes

Don’t worry about the nutes won’t harm the grobo in any way… the only issue you might have is if you try and use another company’s nutrients in the bottles instead of manually dosing cuz the ratios are different … but it won’t harm the instruments used … me and @osage have been doing this from about day one no issues … I’ve even transplanted from soil into the grobo with no issues no clogs no nothing… I think grobo team has to say Incase you mess up and it leaves the responsibility on you… the blue lab sensors they use are the same other companies use with their nutes … they don’t have specific meters made by blue lab just for the grobo… you can actually go on blue lab and order the exact same sensor and replace yourself … @OneBadGrow

14 Likes

Absolutely agree :+1::v::joy:

3 Likes

I used advanced nutrients and I used the recommended dosages cut in half and have never had issues I think @Stephen is referring to me spiking ec … this was because I would forget to top the water off or wouldn’t have time to replace the nutes the plant ate… with all that being said my plants never burned … I burned them on accident during flower because I added too much on accident but didn’t want to run to the store to get more water so I left it like that …

I also kept the same day for my drain and fill …

Would love to know more about which an u are using and feeding schedules?!

1 Like

Send me a pm

1 Like

I need the same answers you were looking for!!! Cant seem to find the old post with What nutrients? Dilution rate? Feeding schedule? Please and thank you.

2 Likes

You can choose whatever nutrients you like … every company has their own feeding schedules which you would follow and cut to 1/4 strength and watch the plant then slowly go up until you see early signs of nute burn… schedule stays the same change water out everywhere week

5 Likes

- - - [2019-10.21]:

Oct 21, '19 11:50 PM

@william_nisbett,

--

• :wave::wink:

~~~

image chris_barfield Champion

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

~~~

- - - [2021-12.16]:

@Leafy271,

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sick!!! Thank you again. Im so stoked to start my grow

3 Likes

Question, is this question ultimately aimed at you wanting to put your own nutes in the bottles? If so that’s a no go. You’ll have to mix your nutes manually before fill :+1::fire:

2 Likes

Would be nice if they would come out with larger nute bottles by now.

6 Likes

i am a little thrown back at nute cost…the shipping cost as much as the product $15 to ship 2 bottles…thats just wrong and then have to spend $180 just to get free shipping…i feel so hurt behind this…then on top of that it says youll have evrything youll need to get through your first grow…this isnt fair at all man smh

6 Likes

Are the ph bottles in the Grobo refillable at least ?

3 Likes

I dont like to say much, just you can do things not standard or even not use anything except the Grobos lights/fan. Then use all your own stuff and test ph/ec yourself or leave the ph up/down alone and let Grobo do that and add your own stuff. Your not going to get a lot of help here though if things go wrong. :grinning: So read up and make sure.

1 Like