Availability and Cost of Nutrient Replacements

I currently have a deposit for a unit, which I’m very excited about. . .I have some questions regarding the replacement of nutrients since it’s apparent that the nutrient containers are more than likely a proprietary blend? Is that correct? Can you give us some sense of what the cost will be for the individual nutrients, pH solutions, etc? Also, can these containers be refilled or are they one time use? I’m really not seeing much information regarding the nutrients and that could potentially add a considerable cost to the unit over time, especially with shipping, which does not seem to be based in the US. I may be worrying for nothing, but your input and clarification is greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Hey Kaz,

Great questions. We are currently testing nutrients from several leading global companies, including some that are purely organic. We will be selecting a partner soon and will provide them in our individual capsules. They are designed to cover one grow. We recommend using the nutrients we provide, as we have spent large amounts of time matching the grow recipes to our nutrients to make sure that everyone using a Grobo can easily have the best results and can share grow recipes knowing they will work!

For all of the Grobo consumables, you should budget $15 - $20 per month. The nutrients (depending on what you are growing, and the quality of water that you put in the system) will typically need to be replaced every grow cycle (3-4 months). The carbon filter will need to be changed every 2~3 grows (6 to 9 months) and our coco coir is replaced each grow.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

So will grobo publish its approved list of nutrients and provide refillable nutrient containers as locking consumers into one product line is the major reason why many advanced growers are going away from LEAF because they are forcing one nutient line and not allowing advanced growers in aeroponics, hydroponics and capable of monitoring ppm and line sizing… needless to say grobo has the ability to surpass as it requires a proprietary carbon filter already it would be a kuerig of cannabis, which still allows a refilable container :wink: i know cloudponics as chosen general hydroponics as nutrients and would love to be able to automatic dose with my own proven nutrient choices with the grobo system.

So will you at the very least publish a list of approved nutrients and refillable containers?

4 Likes

Hey REV,

Great question! The Grobo actually comes with pre-filled nutrient cartridges to get you going. We have spent a long time testing different nutes and finally have a combination that works extremely well in our system with our grow recipes. Although we know some advanced growers want to use their own nutrients, we do not currently offer refillable catridges because the variation they create is hard to handle on the software side.

We’ll keep this suggestion in mind for future development though!

B

3 Likes

Hi there. Because of shipping delays and elevated costs bringing those supplies in to the USA, is there a way to identify specifically what nutrients are in what bottles? Being able to go to a local hydroponics store saves me time and a lot of money. I would greatly appreciate insight on this, as would others living outside of Canada.

4 Likes

@Growya,

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=nutri
Read up on the topic… :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

2 Likes

So the concern that I have is each of those posts that I was able to skim through ( because I can’t read through all of them at the moment) The answer is vague but it points to I can only use grobo ingredients.

I understand proprietary and overall functionality is based on using your ingedients. But there should be a way for the consumer to be able to use other ingredients. It doesn’t make sense to not allow the use of other products. As I mentioned in my post there’s time, cost, and overall concern for safety; as laws in each area for your consumers are different when purchasing outside of the place you live.

So flat out can someone say, yes or no, to restocking nutrient supplies locally?

1 Like

Hi @Growya,

To review, our nutrients are mixed in house and not available to purchase from a vendor. Simply filling the bottles with ‘other’ nutrients won’t work. I have specific ratios to dosing rates to pump speed all figured out that will be destroyed by not using our nutes. We are looking into offering larger pack sizes, so you are able to simply refill from a larger source, look for these in the coming months. For now, I’d order a backup set of nutes so you don’t run out.

Best,
Stephen

4 Likes

Thanks. I would suggest making this clearer prior to ordering. I’m not “mad” or leaving grobo for it… but I wasn’t aware of this pseudo-proprietary requirement. There was info about being able to get more nutrients. But on the FAQ page or somewhere else that is easier to find might be helpful

Great feedback @Growya, thanks!

I’ll pass it along to the team.

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like

So, Stephen after watching. your youtube videos ive decided to purchase on of these Grobo units. But before i do id like to know the time frame of shipouts from you to me here in reno nevada. And and if there is a long backorder list. In other words how long would it take to be here delivered from the time of order? Thanks man i hope to hear from you sooner than later, hope you had a great Turkey Day man.
Louie B.

1 Like

Iam in las Vega Nevada, took me about 3 weeks to get mine

So, at what levels of my current nutrients should i buy my refills if i live in America with current shipping times? Can i just get my own coco pods from any flower shop

1 Like

if you have hydroponics stores in your area you can check and see if any of them carry these.
monster clone rooter

I have used these and they work fine in the grobo. also to all you guys out there that want to run clones in your grobo get these. start your clone in this plug and when there is roots showing drop it in the grobo.

12 Likes

How long does it take to get nutrients delivered when reordering? I live in Michigan

I got my nutrients before the grobo. It took two days via USPS to get to us bridge trolls from Bethlehem, PA

How about after that?

Don’t know. Just got my grobo last week

Happy Growing! :seedling:

2 Likes

Next time do this and he will see your post: @Stephen

3 Likes