Auto-Tenting FloraFlex

What I mean when the Coco was hard like a brick and you added your water did you add Cal/Mag in the mix? If you didn’t this maybe why it happened

2 Likes

I am using

Says it was pre-washed and buffered, but I did it anyways. I did have Cal-Mag in the water that I flushed it with the first two times, before planting. Tested runoff EC and pH, both were normal.

2 Likes

Sent you a message but I thought posting it here would help also. I cleaned and re-calibrated my Bluelabs pH pen and it was way off. Before I cleaned and calibrated it the pH in my tank was 6.2, after cleaning and calibrating it was 6.7. Looking like Cal-Mag was locked out.

Flushed both plants with properly pH’d water and max dose of Cal-Mag. Going to wait 2-3 days before resuming normal’ish feeding.

3 Likes

I’ve never used a buffered Coco before but I’m assuming you wouldn’t have to add the Cal Mag like the Floraflex coco.

Yes I think after 2 / 3 days I would introduce small level nutes

Sounds like you found the problem

2 Likes

Had a bit of a rough start with these young ladies. Hand watering them for now due to probable slime build up in my bubbler and reservoir. Flushed the system for 2 days running the supply pump with Zerotol HC to kill and sanitize everything. Waiting for my SLF 100 to arrive on Monday before starting the auto feeding again.

FYI the Kasa smart plug I had shit the bed. Managed to build up condensation inside and shorted out. If you use one may want to make sure it’s in an area that doesn’t have a lot of humidity.

Not sure if this one is Girl Scout Cookies Auto Extreme or OG Kush.

This is Gorilla Glue #4 fast feminized.

Both of them are recovering from being locked out.

2 Likes

Was that plug inside or outside the tent?

It’s generally recommended (and important) to route all electrical connections outside of a grow tent to be plugged in. The main reason is in case of a flood (from watering can, or hydro reservoir) but humidity is the #2 reason, especially if a humidifier is being run in the tent.

Even in the room my grobos are in I’ve raised every electrical connection at least 12" above the ground (power bars/etc) just in case the grobos ever flood the room.

Better safe than sorry!

1 Like

Due to a major brain fart on my part, it was inside the tent, but well away from any potential dripping liquids. Guessing the dew point was just right when the lights were off to allow condensation to build up.

Lesson learned, I was limited by the number of outlets in the area where I have my tent.

2 Likes

What is your Day Vs Night temp?

Yup.

They are growing quick!

4 Likes

They look super healthy to me… good job!

2 Likes

Nice job they came back nicely

1 Like

Going to post a pic of my setup shortly. I took one of the hoses and cut the end off that had the elbow joint and ran it to the external runoff tank. Took a bit of tinkering, but it drains to the tank without and backing up.

Next purchase will be a small heater and a temperature controller.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074MX8VN5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fO.zFb9KN4CBR

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PZNGVMX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NO.zFbKBTQCDP

1 Like

The auto is struggling. May toss it and focus on the other plant for now.

GG#4 Fast is kicking ass.

4 Likes

Only wanting to help👍

To me the girls look pale but I’m thinking in real life they are greener. I found sometimes my pictures look pale and their not.

The auto to me looks like roots problems. Thinking Ph. Can you see if the roots are white still? Sometimes you can see them beside the plastic. Are you able to collect leach and test it?

They are not as pale as they are in the pics, especially the GG#4. I’m pretty sure the auto is pH also. I checked the runoff pH and the EC was normal, but the pH was 0.4 higher than the nutes in the tank. Flushed her with pH’d water with max dose of Cal-Mag. Going to give her another couple days.

Had my reservoir pH at 6.2, dropped it to 5.8 today. Checked runoff after first feeding post flush and EC and pH were normal. Going to monitor runoff and reservoir EC and pH after each feeding.

I also diluted the nutes in the reservoir.

1 Like

I figured that on the pictures

Sounds like you have it under control… Your doing everything I would do!!

1 Like

I decided to pull her and take a look at the coco. The roots looked ok, there was signs of brown mold, so I’m glad that I decided to pull her. The genetics for that seed seem sketchy, pretty sure that was the OG Kush, which was the 3rd one that didn’t make it.

Sanitized the pot and cover in 10% ZeroTol HC/Water. Thinking about whether or not to start another grow, or wait until the GG#4 finishes.

1 Like

That’s to bad…

If it was me I would start a new plant… Yes it will be smaller and behind but the cost is nothing at this point… Tent cost the same to run with or without that plant…

If you had access to someone with a clone I would do that over seed… Then you will lose no time (or very little)

1 Like

After sanitizing the pot I decided to start a new plant. Flushed the new coco pearl with Cal-Mag and low nute solution until the runoff pH was 5.9 (think part of the problem I had with that last plant was starting the pH at 6.2). Decided to go with a Jack Herrer Fast Feminized.

2 Likes