Auto-Tenting FloraFlex

Going to post a pic of my setup shortly. I took one of the hoses and cut the end off that had the elbow joint and ran it to the external runoff tank. Took a bit of tinkering, but it drains to the tank without and backing up.

Next purchase will be a small heater and a temperature controller.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074MX8VN5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fO.zFb9KN4CBR

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PZNGVMX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NO.zFbKBTQCDP

1 Like

The auto is struggling. May toss it and focus on the other plant for now.

GG#4 Fast is kicking ass.

4 Likes

Only wanting to help👍

To me the girls look pale but I’m thinking in real life they are greener. I found sometimes my pictures look pale and their not.

The auto to me looks like roots problems. Thinking Ph. Can you see if the roots are white still? Sometimes you can see them beside the plastic. Are you able to collect leach and test it?

They are not as pale as they are in the pics, especially the GG#4. I’m pretty sure the auto is pH also. I checked the runoff pH and the EC was normal, but the pH was 0.4 higher than the nutes in the tank. Flushed her with pH’d water with max dose of Cal-Mag. Going to give her another couple days.

Had my reservoir pH at 6.2, dropped it to 5.8 today. Checked runoff after first feeding post flush and EC and pH were normal. Going to monitor runoff and reservoir EC and pH after each feeding.

I also diluted the nutes in the reservoir.

1 Like

I figured that on the pictures

Sounds like you have it under control… Your doing everything I would do!!

1 Like

I decided to pull her and take a look at the coco. The roots looked ok, there was signs of brown mold, so I’m glad that I decided to pull her. The genetics for that seed seem sketchy, pretty sure that was the OG Kush, which was the 3rd one that didn’t make it.

Sanitized the pot and cover in 10% ZeroTol HC/Water. Thinking about whether or not to start another grow, or wait until the GG#4 finishes.

1 Like

That’s to bad…

If it was me I would start a new plant… Yes it will be smaller and behind but the cost is nothing at this point… Tent cost the same to run with or without that plant…

If you had access to someone with a clone I would do that over seed… Then you will lose no time (or very little)

1 Like

After sanitizing the pot I decided to start a new plant. Flushed the new coco pearl with Cal-Mag and low nute solution until the runoff pH was 5.9 (think part of the problem I had with that last plant was starting the pH at 6.2). Decided to go with a Jack Herrer Fast Feminized.

2 Likes

Possible but range for Coco is 5.5 to 6.5 so that was in range (I think Flora Flex recommends a range of 5.3 to 6.3 for their nutes)

I’m just thinking out loud here how often are you watering and how much volume per irrigation? Maybe you are over watering?

Example this girl I haven’t watered in 2 days

3 Likes

I was feeding 300ml every 2-3 days.

1 Like

Sounds perfect to me. I was doing 500ml

Color is a little off. They are darker green then they appear in the pics.

5 Likes

Looking really nice!! :+1::+1::+1:

Only thing I would think About it raise your exhale bag height up over the plants. Co2 is heavily than O2. You want the co2 to fail on top of the canopy.

1 Like

GG#4 has been topped.

Say hello to Jack Herrer Fast

4 Likes

Looking good :relieved:

2 Likes

Topping didn’t phase her at all!

4 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

So in a matter of 24 hours she now resembles a shrubbery!

GG#4 is growing wicked fast!

Jack is starting first set of real leafs!

4 Likes

Looking good!!! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Some beautiful symmetry going on there! Looking nice! If you got the room I bet your GG#4 will take up all of it :slight_smile:

3 Likes