Auto lollipop

I have an auto Bruce Banner. Doing great but quite bushy. Done some bending and light pruning along the way. I am day 15/56 into flowering stage. Mixed reviews on lollipping am auto and online read that week three which I think is now if counting transition would be a good time to defoliate about 30% of the lower canopy. Any thoughts? Help is always welcome for this first timer :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@Todd.grobo
What do think…to lollipop or not to lollipop on week three in flower? Read your bio and seems like you are the master of your domain with 30+plants. Your the only input I had so far. This think looks like a big bushy girl I used commingle with at Greatful Dead shows :joy::joy::sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Big bushy girls are ok @Babbyfuzz1
Lollipoping does help because in the grobo the lights not strong enough to penetrate below the top fan when you hit a sweet spot. Its not recommended to top autos or modify them much and i dont grow them. At the very least take 5 or 6 of rhe biggest fan leaves off and tuck the rest.

3 Likes

Thanks @Todd.grobo as that what seems to be the consensus. I have been bending more then trimming and using some pipe cleaners and magnets to help spread things apart to expose the tops on some under the canopy and then bending and pinching a couple off here and there. This is my first run and really though autoflower would be the way to go before I did more research. Oh well the school of hard knocks is the best school to go to. Maybe I will take the other auto seeds I have and germinate them and put them on my deck to “do their thing” over the summer. Having fun though and appreciate your feedback greatly! Lets hope this bushy girl is as fun as that deadhead girl was in the summer of '88 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hahaha

careful naming dates ending in 6,7,8,9 will age yeah now a days

Yeah im not a fan of autos for the grobo, for the tent, sounds maybe ok, but i control everything else in the grobo, not controlling the plant just seems counter intuitive imo and i have yet to see an auto out produce a photo :slight_smile: Throw em on the deck for sure! The coco mix would be swell for some pots.

Just get the full grow under your belt to know your timing and the process and youll be a step ahead

2 Likes

@Babbyfuzz1,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (Totally Agree With @Todd.grobo On This One): (She Is Healthy -And- At The Right Height, This Will Help It Breath Better): (Top Up Your Water Every Couple Days After Your [Drain/Fill] Days, This Will Help It Thrive): (After The Lollipopping Give It Some Time To Heal): (-If- She Recovers Well, -Then- You Can Trim A Small Amount [Here&There]): (Letting Her Recover -And- Monitoring Her All The While): {:repeat::infinity:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like

Thanks @Todd.grobo @SilverGrobo for the input. Spent a little time lollipoping and bending/rearranging it with pipe cleaners and magnets to open it up last eve, topped off the water and will talk sweetly to her for the next couple days :heart_eyes:.
Thanks again will post some updates as we change :sunglasses::+1::v:

3 Likes

Looking fwd to it

1 Like