Are recipe details available anywhere?

Thought I’d update to let everyone know that my replacement unit should be here Thursday (yay). And for close to two weeks my plant will have been bathed in only white light while running on a continuous drain loop to keep oxygen in the water.
Since @Azuri and I are growing the same strain I thought I would show a side by side of the difference in our plants.
Top pic is @Azuri ‘s on day 18 of his grow.
Bottom pic is mine on day 21.
OG Kush.
Definite difference.

Hoping when new unit gets here my plant recovers nicely.

3 Likes

Hey @rainstorm3

Yeah big difference but your plant isn’t gone in my eyes, it will recover.

2 Likes

@bruno FYI - I received new unit today and shot you a couple email questions/issues.

3 Likes

Hey @rainstorm3, Bruno’s on his week off this week - if you could write in to support@grobo.ca we’ll get you help there

Regards,

Chris.

1 Like

Hey @Chris thanks. I did email @Robyn via support as well through my already open ticket, I had just CCd Bruno as he was already working with me. I’ll await a reply from Robyn.

1 Like

Ah I see, gotcha @rainstorm3

1 Like

@Chris lthough I would like to get it sorted before the long weekend again…I still haven’t heard back

1 Like

@rainstorm3 we gotcha - just let Robyn know (I’m on this one too)

Regards,

Chris.

Thanks @Chris just emailed her the latest after following her reboot instructions.

Cheers.

1 Like

Update: plant seems to be suffering after transfer to new unit. I chucked in another support ticket to check levels etc.

Top pic is before transfer to new unit on Friday, bottom pic is today. Leaves are browning and feel kind of papery and the whole plant is wilted, soft and a bit droopy.

If this plant survives all it’s been through I will have to frame some in a shadow box or something. Haha.

3 Likes

Hey rainstorm3 it doesn’t look to happy for sure. What is the condition of the roots? Plant is still green and obviously stressed, but not dead.

1 Like

Hey @Azuri roots look ok to me so far. Still cream colored and not slimy and no darker brown that I can see.

1 Like

I’m not an expert or a horticulturist. Here’s my take, what happens to your plant today doesn’t really show instantly a few transplanting stresses like a new reservoir mix for the roots and getting to the correct grow schedule.

If you choose to end the grow and start over the time spent getting your plant germinated and to the seedling stage is out the window. This plants recovery would be my goal if possible. All new veagtive growth will replaced many times over so this setback will have no impact on the plants later life in flower. If between now and Grobo team addresses and your plant gets worse or better it should make your decision easier.

Maybe it’s our strain or the normal for this plant but my plant is the exact sames as yours and hasn’t even made it to the first fans height and my 2nd fan has kicked in already. The nodes are very tight together my 4th node is just starting to emerge and day 24.

2 Likes

Hi @Azuri as it turns out, we think due to transfer to new unit and potential schedule hiccups, my reservoir wasn’t getting dosed with the proper nutrients.
When I filled it on Friday it should have dosed out of bottles 3, 4, and 5, which it appears not to have done.
Manual fix for now but I’m super confident the plant will recover.

I just can’t even say enough good things about the Grobo support team and the stretches they go to to help out. Cheers to them.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply @rainstorm3

Yup it’s what I suspect as well. Interestingly enough I posted a thread about all the events take place at 11:00pm on the day of the event. With that being said I’m a little OCD that when I do my weekly drain and fills I sit and listen for each nutrient bottle pump to dispense.

This leads me to a potential issue with my unit. For the last two drain and fills the nutrients automatically dispense about two minutes apart after the drain and fill has been completed but when the 3rd nutrient dispenses and I’m not sure which one goes 3rd the pump shakes the bottles and there’s a bit of squeal/pitch like a bearing is going on that pump. It’s working now but I’m sure it will fail at some point. Another reason I pulled the trigger on the extended warranty.

1 Like

@Azuri it’s to my understanding that those (bottles 3, 4, and 5) all piggyback off of the same pump. So that’s very interesting it makes a noise only on the last one.

1 Like

Good to know @rainstorm3, I thought they were all individual based on this odd noise happening on the third bottle dispensing. This will tricky to trouble shoot remotely. I’m sure I’m going to have video this next drain and fill with sound and toss it on YouTube. Thing is it’s working so not sure if they will see any errors on Grobo’s diagnostics end. I have a really small window of opportunity once a week to capture this noise and shaking so I have yet to submit a ticket.

2 Likes

@Azuri Good call, I’d definitely try to catch that on video. Would make it a lot easier for the Grobo guys to diagnose for sure. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Just reviewing this thread now @Azuri and @rainstorm3 and wanted to be clear. Each nutrient bottle is dosed with it’s own pump, so if you are hearing a noise or notice something amiss, shoot us a ticket to support@grobo.io for us to diagnose your unit.

Cheers

4 Likes