App feedback and suggestions

Monetizing the app is what caught my ear from the one dragon buying in. Yeah, no. We may have to pay to see growing parameters? The box and nutrient prices are enough as is (“83% margin on nutrients and accessories as per Bjorn on the segment) All great for business but a wallet drainer for the consumers.

I can’t speak for all countries but here in Canada I can get online OZ for $100 to $150oz. If the price point to grow it cost as much or more what’s the point of DIY?

All in all good news for the Grobo business end but the case for a monetized app to see “94,000 data points” at a consumer end will ensure growing via tent will be here to stay. :wink:

Facts matter :+1:

7 Likes

That’s just it. They will all be pricing themselves out of the market, due to how inexpensive one can start a tent grow for. Same with dwc/rdwc, loads of inexpensive systems for beginners to pros. :joy::joy::+1::v:

6 Likes

Makes me wonder with common sense chat such as in this thread how long this forum will remain safe to voice critical opinions or allow open registration to non-grobo growers (allgrowers - “powered by grobo”).

It can’t be good for business when people post great grow spaces, producing better/more product and at fractions of the cost. Especially since there are so many failed or troubled grows in this automated unit. Where a majority of the help/assistance owners receive on the forum is from other owners or growers in the community. One doesn’t need to look at too many threads to see sick plants or someone asking about return/selling their unit.

The idea of the automated Grow unit is a great one and I’m interested in seeing what the other units produce specifically Mary, but wouldn’t recommend any of these automated units as of today. None of the units are truly automated. None are better or more efficient in comparison to a small tent (cost, yield, time). All of them overestimate their yields. All require end user intervention; nothing is set and forget. Not even a tent.

Imagine grobo integrated everything people wanted

• app
  • visibility to their data
  • ability to adjust nutes themselves
  • bigger grow space
  • environmental controls
  • water cooling tech
  • co2 integration
  • better LED or more of them
  • stable wireless communications
  • camera

Cost could/would double

6 Likes

Put an Ethernet port on the back for wired connections! Wireless setups suck and should be avoided if possible. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

App, need improved workflow / direction to ending your grow. I had the question, and a lot of others have across the forum as well.

Latest:

2 Likes

All we need it the ability to control our own box the grobo doesn’t feel like something I own I can’t do anything to it myself I have always reach out for help there should be no need for any of us to rely on anything but the app and ourselves

4 Likes

Then do it​:joy::joy::+1::v:

@David_mendez,

((#WelcomeBack)): :wave::wink:

((#ITotallyAgree)): :green_thumb:

--

1 Like

Personally (as a new grower) I think it’s perfect. But I can agree that more advanced growers, or maybe after a new grow has a few grows under their belt, more advanced features could be REALLY helpful!!

Ideally if the application can “hide” advanced features as to not overwhelm new growers, that would be excellent!! Also I know it’s hard to make recurring revenue off of just selling hardware, maybe you can increase your recurring revenue by allowing users to “subscribe” to the pro version (when they are ready and comfortable with advanced control). But please don’t charge us an arm and a leg!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ditto sir

1 Like

I would like the ability to have a ‘work light’ setting. This would be nice when working in darker environments, it’s a real pain to refresh the ‘camera light’ every 30 seconds.

5 Likes