App feedback and suggestions

@chris_barfield the next time you press the button it should go clear much quicker. The first time you turn it on in a while is what we call “the warmup time” which causes that initial delay. Hope that helps

Regards,

Chris.

2 Likes

@Chris ahh ok ok thanks for the response

1 Like

@rainstorm3,

You could place a GoPro in the box and have it take time delayed pictures or movie mode. Not sure if there is an app for GoPros, but worth a look

6 Likes

@Osage I was thinking about this. I might try to rig something up for my next grow. Just thought it would be cool to check in on the grow while you’re out of the house.
I totally get there are privacy issues with having an on board camera, but it would still be neat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gopro black 5 has this feature and you could leave it inside

6 Likes

Hi @bjorn,
I was looking at the website seeing if anything new has been added to the store and notice two pictures that caught my eye. How can I get my app to tell me all the information I am seeing in the description pictures. Inner humidity, temperature, and reservoir level? It would be awesome to see all that information on the app like it shows in the pictures.

Thanks so much,

2 Likes

Hi @Ctaylor684,

I’ve moved your question to this thread which I think answers your question.

Best,
Stephen

3 Likes

I do now remember reading this oooppps sorry. Is there a way people wanting these features sooner rather than later can get a special update or is it one update takes care of everyone? If one major update is the case when should we be seeing these features come to life?

3 Likes

We offer sneak peeks through our Beta program described here. We are just coming to the end of a System Generated Notifications beta test now actually.

4 Likes

Hi is there no way of monitoring the levels myself via an app. It seems inconvenient to have to ask if everything looks good on your end. Please release an updated app that gives the user more control. As much as this forum is amazing an app could also be more useful and do the same. Control to the user plz

6 Likes

Have there been any further discussions on creating a native application for iOS and Android?

@Rich eventually yes, but there are other features that we want to get out to you guys before we design a native app

Regards,

Chris.

1 Like

Very exciting! Anything on the horizon you can share with us?

2 Likes

Can’t tell you guys the specific details yet, but it’s definitely something everyone is going to like :wink:

Look out for the upcoming Beta programs in the coming months to be the first to experience these updates :+1:

Regards,

Chris

4 Likes

OK definitely would like access to the full data set/
I would suggest simply having an advanced view that is off by default that experienced growers(not me…YET LOL) will have to turn on…that way your ease of use concerns for newbies still stands but for data fiends like myself we can get to the real meat of things.

Secondly I would love an option to have notifications automatically added to the grow journal so for example the Week 1 information…I’d love to go back and re-read it but I’m not sure where its is… but if there was an option to append notifications to entries i feel like the log would be more useful for looking back, reflecting on what I’ve learned vs my initial understanding when it popped up.(minor thing but I really like to keep logs of projects with more documentation the better)

4 Likes

I think on weekly drain and fills it should log simple text of ph etc at that time prior to drain.

1 Like

100% needs to show the data. (EC/PH/Temp) Charts and graphs with those would be even better. Its not confusing and will help newer growers learn because they dont need to do anything but its good for them understand. The App currently as it sits really does not do anything to be honest. Just lets you know when to change water, unlock the box, and see through the glass? I guess what doesn’t make sense is you give access to the userfor things like lighting schedule and advancing/backing up grow schedules but you wont show EC/Temp/PH. Doesn’t make much sense in my opinion. Not asking to adjust anything but would be a good idea to at-least show us the current values…Its a good check up especially when you catch something before it becomes detrimental. We cant even see if the sensors ever go bad. We can check manually but have nothing to see/run against with the grobo to make sure things are inline properly…Please consider showing us the data. Take a look at cloudponics app. It should really be similar to that, then the grobo would be perfect. Its already better than cloudpoinics just missing the details now…

9 Likes

Pictures attached so you can see where I’m coming from… GroBo is sooooo close to being perfect!!! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That would be perfect, I would definitely run to purchase my second grobo! But honestly I would probably want to sell the first one and buy a third machine. Unless they find a way to add a product that could measure those things in our existing units.

4 Likes

Id even offer my services to the GroBo for free to program this!!! lol :wink: Super easy to display, all of the information is already live and just a simple API call away.

5 Likes