App feedback and suggestions

I found it in the App Store (apple) and they needed an email addy/password to sign up. And to my research it doesn’t state anywhere that they share or sell grow data. It’s prerry straightforward with the info it allows you to put in. You name your plant and add start date, and the updates you can add along the way you can add notes and pictures. You can also choose to post to the community or keep your grows private.

2 Likes

Thanks for creating this topic @rainstorm3, this will be a great way to gather everyone’s feedback and help us make more impactful and informed decisions on what to add next.

To address a few comments so far:

A detailed history and grow journal feature is something we have discussed and is on the agenda. We launched initially without it so that we can focus on and guarantee the core growing features work, with the intention of slowly rolling out features like this.

If you find anything in particular you like about the user experience of any of the apps you are currently using to aid in your grows, feel free to add them here and we can look into applying similar flows to the features we implement.

Both Android and iOS native apps are on our roadmap but we can certainly add these features and many more to the current web version before adding native mobile options. A bit of background on the decision to go web first:

It isn’t a secret that resources are limited at a startup. A common practice I have found to get apps off the ground is to release a single web version first, followed by the native versions.

The main benefit is that no users will be excluded in being able to use the product initially. Since we can only develop one platform at a time, there is a risk in choosing only one of either iOS or Android since we would be denying access to half the market. Focusing on the web version first allows our product to be less exclusive and more inclusive of all smart devices. That said we do fully intend to release native applications for both Android and iOS.

A camera option is something we talked about in the early designs but decided to forgo for now. A camera feature would need tight security, top quality pictures and ease of use, not something we initially deemed an immediate growing concern. We may revisit this feature in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

Keep the feedback coming and I will be checking in regularly for any suggestions you may have! We may implement a beta test version of the app that you can sign up for to help us test some of the bigger features early and get your feedback sooner in the development process if you are interested! I’ll keep everyone posted on that.

9 Likes

Thanks @bjorn good to know that these discussions have already been on your minds. As the grow continues I’m sure more of us will come up with things we like to see. :+1:t4::+1:t4:

4 Likes

That’s Bruno, our software lead responding! We also have a Bjorn and a Bohan.

#AllTheBestB’s

4 Likes

Oh wow. Clearly didn’t see who I tagged before replying. THANKS @bruno!!!

5 Likes

Just a heads up on a couple things I noticed.

As seen on the pic below the text box now that it’s number of days growing double digits on IOS IPad 9.7” cuts off the text. It says “Your Grobo is Gro…” you may want to increase the box size so you can see the whole line or have a word wrap.

The embeded community link from within the my.grobo app is broken. There’s an extra w in www.allgrowers.com

Cheers!

5 Likes

I noticed one of those changes on my post too. Prolly be a few more in the next few days. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@Azuri great catch, thanks for the pointer. I just updated the community link, it’s better now. We will take a look into increasing the tablet notification width in the next day or two.

Thanks again!

4 Likes

I guess my biggest question is why doesn’t the app look like whats shown on the grobo website. it shows temp, humidity, how full the reservoir is, and other information. temperature and humidity are actually two of the most important things in growing cannabis. being able to see the ph and ec of the reservoir would also be very helpful.

11 Likes

This will come later @greenmatter they wanted to ensure the core functions work which I’d say is spot on.

7 Likes

Hey @greenmatter ,

Based on discussions with our early beta testers, the feedback was that it was a bit too confusing. We pulled it back and are giving your Grobo an educational voice to help people learn more about their grow. We will then work to re-release the data in a way that adds clarity, not confusion, to the grow.

While temperature, humidity, ph and EC are all grow metrics that will eventually be included, the Grobo is doing the work for you. This hopefully will reduce your need to record these numbers. Rest assured, Grobo is currently storing and crunching data from all Grobo sensors in the field with the intent of using this data to improve future grows for all plant recipes.

Your feedback on all these features is greatly appreciated and we will update everyone as soon as we have new features to launch or need help testing them.

6 Likes

Hi Bruno,

Great update, thanks! I understand the Grobo monitors all the necessary vitals. I’m not sure what sensors are in place but for example if the PH sensor is faulty how does the grower know this? They have an estimated life of say 18+ months on it and it dies on say month 6, what do? Will the app notify me?

Cheers,
Glenn

5 Likes

That data goes to grobo hq and they will likely contact you am I right @Stephen

5 Likes

Hey @Todd.grobo

Yeah I figured they see the data. I guess my concern is turn around time we have to wait for the Grobo team to alrert you of a problem.

@Jam just resolved a PH issue it took 10 days and had to start a support ticket because his plant wasn’t looking healthy, the Grobo never alerted him there was an issue that I’m aware of. A 10 day PH issue in flower could impact the final harvest negatively. A grower could at least have an early warning that the PH is not right.

My point is I appreciate the automated grow but I get nervous about not being able to monitor anything. Example #2 if humidity is too high or low the grower can react if the value is displayed on the app remotely. As it stands I put in my own RH and temperture gauge so I can monitor. Would be so much easier and clean if i could remotely check from anywhere via the app.

Once again I think this is coming down the pipe, hopefully sooner then later as more units hit the streets.

8 Likes

Hi ToddYYC & Azuri,

We have built and are continuing to build/improve automated tools to tell us if any units have their sensors go out of range. This enables us to identify potential issues in the field and proactively respond. We have been monitoring all units since day one, the tools help us identify and respond faster. More sensor alerts (similar to the current notifications) are in the works.

Stephen

6 Likes

Of course @Stephen this is a new product being refined. I am ok with that. Tbh those extra metrics will be nice but overall I couldn’t care less. Plants require patience and time and the rest will be chopped up as a learning curve. Obviously as it improves I suspect grobo will sell additional items to upgrade our grobo for the more advanced users. I like that.
I get @Azuri post but think the average user won’t require or need that info. It’s cool to watch this whole startup process.

6 Likes

Im kinda with azuri on what he had to say. I get what grobo is saying to much information might confuse a newbie grower. but it would be nice to get some information. we basically get nothing right now but how many days its been growing. ph and ec would be something for a more experienced grower but temperature and humidity are about as basic as it gets. right now we don’t know whats going on in the grobo. the unit has no way to regulate temperature at all right now. whatever the room the unit is in is going to be basically what the temperature and humidity inside the grobo will be. probably a little higher in temp inside because of the lights and equipment. from what Ive read the exhaust fans just come on at day 10 and stay on. I don’t think they turn on and off to regulate temp. maybe someone at grobo can correct me on this. this is an amazing piece of equipment and in no way am I bashing it at all. I guess my question to grobo is how set it and forget it is this machine. if the temperature in the unit hits 100 degrees would I get a notification telling me hey the room you have your grobo in is way to hot you need to do something about it before your plant dies.

9 Likes

Hi @greenmatter I appreciate what your saying but you put a lot of onus on grobo. Once all the stats come out in the unit they will be useful but things like house placement and air flow and I room lighting will play more in the equation than anything they do.

I definitely can only speak for myself but plant and grow is best atm. Imagine 1500 hotels with 2 of these in the kitchen growing specialty items for them. They dont care about ph. They just want an roi on their purchase as I suspect most ppl do

4 Likes

@Todd.grobo @Azuri @greenmatter When I heard about the Grobo and a Grow box possibility…I was very excited not to do anything and be able to grow weed. I went Cancun recently and came back in a week and everything worked perfectly. But after learning how to grow in soil in my closet, it has been such an amazing experience. It’s like caring for a baby lol. When you learn about all variables like PH, RH, super soil mix , watering practices, and lighting system makes you feel so in sync with plant. I’m all for more control over my grow but I can understand a newbie grower (which I feel like im)

4 Likes

Hi @Jamminbear

I hear you, I understand the unit is marketed too essentially new growers. Just some indicators on the app would be good. Nothing that can change any of the grobo’s parameters, I’ve turned my dehumidifer off or on based on conditions, happy plant.

4 Likes