Air stone week

Just started my second grow and noticed the air stone is really week. I cleaned it really well before starting this grow. Should I just replace the stone itself or the pump and stone until I can get a ticket answered?

4 Likes

I installed an extra air stone. Still put in a ticket.

4 Likes

@Chef,

Hazy_Hoose

[#ChampionToMe] :clap:

((#ForTheWin)): :clap:

((#KeepUsPosted)): :pen::computer::pencil2::notebook:

--

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Have you tried to let it soak in distilled vinegar for an hour?

1 Like

I soaked it in Hydrogen peroxide like it says to online. But it’s still really week. I’m thinking the actual pump is shutting the bed. Lol.

3 Likes

Very possible! Have you disconnected the line to see how much air your getting through?

1 Like

Put in an extra stone and open a ti ket for replacement

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m going to do. I just put the seed is yesterday so I have time. But still going to pick up a back up pump and air stone.

2 Likes

Yes and it’s very week.

1 Like

My air pump quit today already. Luckily I had a back up on hand, quick fix.

2 Likes

I’d follow the hose to see if it’s kinked somewhere, especially at the front/top of the reservoir where all the hoses fold in to check if it’s being squished under the black hoses or even just twisted somewhere.

That is one easy thing to check that could be the cause of reduced airflow. Such an issue would also overwork the pump which (in my opinion) could contribute to a premature failure of the device if there is constantly too much resistance and it’s run 24/7.

4 Likes