Advice

Just want to share a couple photos of what I have going on, I’m using a support rack to LST, I think I am doing it right but not really sure. The temperature in the Chicagoland area is being nice as of late so my humidity has gone up to 35%. This has been growing since germination in 75 degrees/20-25% humidity it’s entire life. Some times humidity reaching as low as 15%. Now it is a gelato auto flower from ilgm & I was wondering if some experienced growers could weigh in on how my plant is looking? Last week I had a bit of root rot but I since cleaned the little root rot it had and dosed it with SLF-100 per another growers advice. I changed the water yday and noticed the roots even whiter & beginning to expand even more. However my plants sweet leaves seem to start to show a discoloration with a hint of orange/yellow. Should I be worried? Before anyone says the humidity is too low I have a humidifier arriving today, I ordered it a month ago but I guess every one is growing these days because it’s backed up.

2 Likes

Here are current photos and past photos

1 Like

It has been topped & in currently using LST the top is the latest photo with the bottom being the oldest photo. It was pretty sad at one point

1 Like

From the looks of one of your photos it looks like the LST you were doing with the wire cable was damaging your plant. If you look close you can see where it appears to have sheered off an area in the smaller circle I added. It also appears that the cable is pulling the branch to the side. This is one reason why I don’t like using those for LST, no leeway when the plant grows.

Is your coco pod still sitting as high as it is in the last picture? It should be flush with the lid.

4 Likes

I believe that’s where I topped it from

1 Like
  • (Put In A Ticket Share Them This Topic): (SLF-100):

• (Clean both Sensors): :bathtub:

https://support.grobo.io/hc/en-us/requests/new

https://support.grobo.io/hc/en-us

- - -

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/sweet-leaves-bending-and-folding/8445/26?u=silvergrobo

- - -

• (#SurveySays): (EveryWeekBefore [Drain/Fill]):

• (Calibration once every grow: Cleaning Ph-Probe more often):

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/probe-health-check-cleaning-calibration/6541/23

- - -

• (TheFansWorkingForOurGrows): :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

--

4 Likes

It looks like we are topping buddies!! Idk, looks pretty good to me, but idk anything, lol!!! I think I would definitely move the wires so they’re not pulling on the new growth but pulling over the main stem instead. :smiley:

1 Like

Clean both sensors? How often this grow is 31 days in.

1 Like

Humidifier came in yday like I said and it’s helped tremendously

1 Like

Do you still have the fan inside there? I really think you should think about reconsidering the size of fan you have in there.

Here is my past grow; there would be no room for that fan inside there in my opinion:

Here’s one that is being harvested today just cuz it’s fresh in my head:

Here’s one that someone posted yesterday:

Anyway, I think that having a large fan like yours is a little too big to fit around the plant and the airflow is going to be pretty intense around that area more than likely as she gets taller.

You might be able to train it around the fan, but honestly the Grobo is so small…

I had to cut my plant down because it got too big for the Grobo!

4 Likes

I agree, I bought that same fan you have @Erik_Curiel, I thought it was way too big AND too heavy for the inside. I am using it to blow air onto the outside of the back of the Grobo though… it is a nice fan. :wink: I’m trying out a different camping fan atm that has led lights that I can turn on in a pinch if I have to hang it up, but finding it still a bit big. I think it’ll make for nice airflow from the bottom when I have an adult plant though. Plan on looking into those little black ones. How long do they operate @pyromancy?

1 Like

Couple of people use those fans on here. They are pretty cheap, plug in via USB (So you’ll need some kind of USB power strip or adapter) the air flow isn’t super strong but on high they push a decent amount of air. I have 4 of them in total, two for the bottom of the Grobo and two up top. I’m hoping my grow this time will allow me to keep both up top to keep some air flow on bud sites, last time I had to remove one and basically could only fit one up there… technically it didn’t fit… thus why my plant is now dead ><

2 Likes

I only used the fan until my humidifier arrived

Should I be worried a about the discoloration in the leaves? Yellow/ orange spots? Also, I have found a few gnats from time to time flying around my flower :sob:

1 Like

Some spotting is normal. Keep a close eye on her and see if the spotting occurs on new leaves. As for your gnat problem, I bought these sticky traps and they have worked well for me. I cut them up in halves and caught a bunch of bugs in it.

3 Likes

I stand corrected! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like