Adjusting your recipe

I don’t have my grobo yet so I have been watching videos with Mr Mohawk enthusiest. Enjoying the videos, especially the one where he was growing two shiskaberries, one which was topped and one that was not. He mentioned briefly that because he topped the one it could have vegged for a bit more time to let it get a little taller. He didn’t go into how that is done and since I don’t have my grobo yet I really haven’t been able to play with recipes and see how that whole life cycle works. I certainly plan on topping my first grow. Can any of you talk a bit to how one adjusts the recipe to allow for the highest yield when topping. Does the recipe determine when to start flowering cycle or do I?

3 Likes

Adjust Your Recipe

Stage Day Total
1 : Germination 10 10
2 : Early Vegetation 14 14
3 : Late Vegetation 0 14
4 : Transition 0 14
5 : Flower 0 38
6 : Flush 0 10

This feature will allow you to have more control over your schedule. You can:

PREVIOUS: Go back 1 stage, with 7 days remaining

EXTEND: Add 7 days to your current stage

NEXT: Move forward to day 1 of the next stage

2 Likes

Just the type of feedback I’m looking for so thanks for that. So when you top a plant do you typically adjust the schedule? How do you determine when it is good to start flowering. In the case of the video mentioned, he just said that he should have let it grow taller before flowering… I think flushing is all about when the Amber’s are turning but if the plant is shorter because of a top, what stage would he have made the decision to allow more height? Late veg? Transition?

1 Like
  1. I usually add an extra 3-7 days for topping. Depending on how fast the plant recovers.
  2. I always spend the most time in flower but I wait in transition until my plant reaches the top of the top fan.
    The only problem with this is to check your strain to see if it grows short or tall. If its a taller strain you may want to only let it grow as far as the bottom of that same top fan.
    I hope this gives you a better idea, if not just let us know!
2 Likes

When you say you ad 3-7 days, my question is to what stage? And if different, what stage do you make the decision and why? Looking at your second point it sounds like you let the recipe ride until you are in the transition stage at which point you extend it untill you reach the top of the uppermost fan. Is that correct?

1 Like

Very good! This will be the only time you really need to adjust the time in the grobo until you get to the end and may need to extend until the trichomes are at the color you need. Yes you got it!

1 Like

I think I do… lol thanks for your insights, now can you make my grobo arrive sooner?

1 Like

The best way to make your grobo appear is to read every post on allgrowers! Lol!
I waited three months but it came so quick as I was busy learning everything I could about grobo! Time flew and I learned so much!
Have you bought a hygrometer yet? Or other supplies?
Like extra nutrient & coco pods, harvest bin, shears, water thermometer, Boveda packs, mason jars for harvest storage and curing, 3 & 5 gallon buckets, bluelab ph pen to check water ph, neodymium magnets, jewelers loup or magnifying microscope to see trichomes etc…

2 Likes

I ordered some shears, 2 extra grow kits, a magnifying loop, and already have a bunch of Mason jars and a large bucket
What are boveda packs? Why neodymium magnets?

1 Like

The Boveda packs are to put into your mason jars for curing, helps control moisture so your harvest doesn’t mold while curing.

https://www.amazon.com/YALAMI48LB-Magnetic-Hooks-Assorted-Neodymium/dp/B07T87KTT9/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=YALAMI48LB+Magnetic+Hooks+-+6+Assorted+Colors+Strong+Powerful+Heavy+Duty+Neodymium+Magnet+Hooks+-+Perfect+for+Indoor%2FOutdoor+Hanging(6+Pack)+Touch+the+image+to+zoom+in+YALAMI48LB+Magnetic+Hooks+-+6+Assorted+Colors+Strong+Powerful+Heavy+Duty+Neodymium&qid=1580827744&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Many of us use Strong Powerful Heavy Duty Neodymium in and out of the grobo for things like scrogg, keeping the light from escaping the door, hanging things on the grobo, holding fans, nets, hygrometers etc… In the grobo but its definitely not a requirement, just makes things easier.

3 Likes