Additional Lighting

Hi All :fist_right:

Can anyone give there thoughts on these Vertical Full Spectrum LED Lights & if they have any real benefit…

I’ll also insist on some sort of timer too btw :wink:!!

2 Likes

I can’t say those ones exactly, but before I ordered my 2nd Grobo, I was looking at another box that had dual strips down the sides I think it was. They said it helped and really helped if you had to bend it a lot for growing real tall.

1 Like

If you are looking on adding side lighting, I’d use T5s. Plants can get close enough to it without damage and it adds around 200 umol to the sides and under canopy. I used side T5s as part of my last run and it worked out great.

4 Likes

I am using these lights now. They seem to attract the plant to it. I am not sure if it has helped or not…jury still out.

5 Likes

- - - [2021-11.04]:

@Gmann,

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5 Likes

I think it could help as long as it doesn’t heat up that much.

Problem is Grobo is so small, some lights I looked at said to keep away atleast 18 inches :grinning: and I think that is wider than the Grobo even is. So not sure how that would work.

3 Likes

:fist_right:

Let us all know your final thoughts yeah :+1::wink::seedling::seedling::seedling:

2 Likes

I know someone that has “something” like this and he will let me have it over the weekend if I want. It was not expensive he said, maybe $25 and is 3 color full spectrum, has 6 light strips with 4/8/12/16 hour timer built in.

I am going to go look, might as well, and can toss hims a few bucks if I want it. Seems a little overkill :grinning: for a small Grobo, but who knows.

2 Likes

Sounds perfect :+1:

& my thoughts exactly but…:flushed:!!

:wink::seedling::seedling::seedling:

1 Like

I have the light strips I mentioned above from my friend. I did not want to mount them yet as I am unsure about them. I did put all 6 strips inside the Grobo just leaning on the walls. One in each corner and 2 angled up to light up the bottom some.

I set the built in timer to 12 hours to see what happens. If it seems to be OK, I will use the 16 hour setting tomorrow and maybe more permanently mount the 6 strips. There is a remote control to change the light intensity, set the timer and a few other things.

I want to see if any heat build up or if they even do help before doing much.

1 Like

Nice one bud :+1:!

The experiment begins :+1::crossed_fingers:

Good luck :wink:

1 Like

Today is the first full day using these lights, and I switched the built in timer to 16 hours on as that is the longest it has. Supposedly that is all I need to do and it will turn off and on and do its thing.

I just have them sitting unattached at the bottom right now.

2 Likes

Cool :+1: why not use timer for 12/12 :wink:??..

1 Like

It is an auto and on 18/6 schedule now during flower.

1 Like

Oh right :flushed:!:wink:!

1 Like

You can see it is lighting up the bottom some, so hope it helps.

1 Like

Looks like it’ll do the job :+1:
You using magnets :wink:??

2 Likes

No it is just sitting there right now until I can see if it does anything. Then after this grow, only a few more weeks, I would mount it much better once I get in more with no plant.

I even stuck one of the strips up in the middle of the plant. :grinning: They dont seem to get hot at all, so I stuck it up there.

1 Like

LED very really get passed warm if at all m8 :wink::+1:
:seedling::seedling::seedling::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

This is in my Possible List:

FirstPower Grow Lights for Indoor Plants, Newest 80 LEDs Full Spectrum Led Plant Grow Light, 10 Dimming Level & 6 Heads Grow Lamp with Timer 360°Adjustable Gooseneck for Seedlings and Succulents https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09538CKRN/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_BDZZSCVQJR1EZWB4RX68?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

:+1:!:wink:!..

2 Likes