#2nd Grow Moby Dick by Dinafem

Good catch on the sensors being tangled in roots, I hate when that happens. For me, the bottom sensor got stuck once and I had to unplug my unit after every drain to get it to fill toward the end of a grow.

PS. when doing my drain/fills, I fill up a 10L pail with water and fill from that, so there’s no chance of it taking in too much water. That might be a way for you to avoid this in the future as well, just ration out the water in advance. :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks :facepunch:. I did have that issue one time on drain as well but it was on my last grow and it never did it again. I dont think wifi is an issue but I will keep my eye on that too. It sits relatively close to my router and I get quick responses when using the app.

1 Like

I will start rationing out the water that I need to avoid the issue in the future. Of course it happened the one time I left the room for a second :man_facepalming:lol. It always seems to happen like that, but if it happens again, I’ll be prepared next time. Thanks for the insight!

5 Likes

Filled it up today. She is still drinking a lot and seems to have had a small little growth spurt too! Stacking nicely and looking frosty :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I’m going for the grobo record of longest single grow. :raised_hands: lol. Im at day 170 total :scream:. And day 53/60 of flower. She never stretched as much as I hoped but she was obviously a very slow grower so im not surprised. Trichomes are getting pretty milky but it’s still a white/clear combo. Im not seeing any amber trichomes yet. So the timing of end of flower and then flush should be about perfect im thinking.

9 Likes

Thanks to everyone that has been following along. I have some more updates and tips/tricks for newer people.

Today is the last day of flower. My 10 day flush starts tomorrow. I thought about adding flawless finish for the next 7 days and then do a drain/fill and do a clean flush for the final 3 days. @SWSVIC I know you’ve had some experience with flawless finish but I dont find the outline of your regimen. Does that sound appropriate or should I dose it differently?

I didnt make an update with my last drain/fill, but I had issues again. When I drained, it wouldn’t stop draining even after the reservoir was empty. So I finally paused the drain and power cycled the grobo. Once I did that, it filled fine but once full, it got stuck with the green light on. So once again, I rebooted the grobo and all settings went back to normal… however, I noticed that none of the nutes dispensed. Luckily I FINALLY started keeping track of how much nutes dispense over the last 3 fills so I manually added the same amount of nutes as the previous few fills and then manually checked my ph to make sure everything was good. Anyone that doesn’t keep track of how much nutes get dispensed with each drain/fill, I highly recommend you do. I started doing the math and I have a feeling that throughout this grow, I’ve had at least few times where nutes didn’t dispense. Im now thinking that is the reason I was showing signs of nute deficiency a few times in the grow and possibly related to it not growing very fast… but before I put in a ticket, I did a little more reading and think I found the issue may have been my fault… Ive been using the website on my phone instead of the actual app. While draining and filling, I’m leaving the browser to take pictures with my phone and browse content on allgrowers. Either the actual app didn’t exist when I got my grobo, or I’m special and couldn’t find it :man_facepalming::joy:. So before I chalk it up as a grobo issue, I’m going to use the actual app for drain/fills and hold off on photos and browsing until its done. Since I won’t be adding anymore nutes to this grow, I’ll have to test my theory on the next grow and see.

All in all, I’m still very pleased with this grow and I’m excited to grow this strain again with more precision to see what different results I come up with. Here are a few pics from yesterday. Id say the trichomes are about 75%milky, 5%amber, and 20% clear.

12 Likes

Nice tips!

Man, you been having some issues with the drain and fill a lot!

She looks awesome, btw. Very nicely done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thx brotha! If anyone is looking for a VERY resilient strain… Moby Dick by Dinafem is the one! Lol. I dont think I could kill it on purpose.

6 Likes

Hey Chad,

I used Flawless Finish at about 1/2 strength (10.5mL) injected directly into the reservoir after my fill. I also did an additional water change on day 4 of flush again adding 10.5mL F.F., and then another on day 7 this time using only pure distilled water (as you plan on doing).

I harvested my plant today, honestly it was a great experience, enjoyed every moment of it. Unfortunately I didn’t have the time to write up- report for my thread however I will be doing so tomorrow.

4 Likes

Thanks so much and I cant wait to see your finished product :raised_hands:

4 Likes

I just did a drain/fill and added 10.5 ml of flawless finish. Im on day 182 total and day 5/10 flush. In a couple days I’ll do another drain/fill just distilled. Here is one close up from today… :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Holy shit that’s a sick lookng pic! So many trichomes!

Congrats man you’re right at the finish line for grow #2… Day 182 holy shit I didn’t realize that’s how long you’ve been going!

4 Likes

Thx! I may actually get this pic printed. And yea, this one has been a marathon! :joy:

6 Likes

Day 187! And I finally chopped her down. The smell and bud density is AMAZING :heart_eyes:. I will post weight in 5 days.

17 Likes

Good shit @Chad_Johnson looks awesome my man!~~

Congrats! Some FAT bois there

4 Likes

Thanks brotha! :facepunch:

3 Likes

Congrats! Those nugs looks so big! Can’t for your final weight.

4 Likes

Congrats on your harvest!:+1:

5 Likes

Thank you! @pha720 and @Aang

2 Likes

- - -

• ((#Harvesting)): (#Congratulations): :older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

--

:older_woman: :herb: :green_thumb:

8 Likes