1st grow in my Grobo

Thank you, I may do that as well. I wouldn’t have to spray the coco pod?

2 Likes

Nope. It will attract the fungus gnats and then kill them.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I ordered some neem oil and some mosquito bites which has Bacillus Thuringiensis Subspecies Isrealensis which should kill the larvae as well. So far I don’t seem them anymore on the coco pod, but just want to be sure they’re gone.

1 Like

I keep seeing some of my leaves with rust colored spots that slowly take over the whole leaf. This is mostly happening on the lowest leaves.

From behind the leaf there’s these weird blotches:

It’s hard to see, but near the stem are some of these spots from the front:

Could this be disease or nutrient deficiency?

2 Likes

Can’t wait for my anti fungus gnat kit to arrive. :sweat: 🪱 :weary:

2 Likes

I treated the coco pod with a mixture of neem oil/water/BTI. So far so good. :+1:t2:

1 Like

The more I read into the brown spots on my plant the more I think it’s a calcium deficiency. I’ve added 10ml of cal-mag to see if it improves over time. Is it recommended to use Cal-mag with a Grobo grow?

1 Like

My first grow too. what’s your idea water temp and temperature for when the lights on in the day time?

Hey there :slight_smile: the ideal water temperature is around 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit. It can be hard for me to keep that temperature so in order to avoid root rot I just supplement each watering with Hydroguard and my roots look great!

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

You’re welcome!

I’ve been monitoring the coco pod since using the BTI/neem oil water mix and it does seem to have done the trick. I haven’t seen any larvae for a couple days.

3 Likes

Good to hear!

Rule of thumb I always go by is go by is to only open the unit when I am in clean clothes! keeps pests from transferring off me or my pet who routinely comes to me!

3 Likes

Thank you, Todd! That’s a good rule. I also think that maybe this gnat came in the fan holes because they weren’t turned on. Support assisted with this yesterday and I hope it will also help keep those little guys away.

2 Likes

All fans dont operate all the time. The lower fans come on in different stages! 0

2 Likes

Yes, but I was almost to transition phase (day 39) and the fans hadn’t come on yet. Stacey helped me by telling me to upgrade the firmware and then she said she adjusted the fans schedule in the recipe somehow. Now they’re running great!

2 Likes

Awesome to hear! Now you know for next grow. Sounds like a ted talk topic no one told you about

2 Likes

Haha, indeed! The world need more weed Ted Talks.

1 Like

I planted a new Chocolope seed in my Grobo start tonight. My hope is that I can cut the time between harvests by almost half if I have one ready concurrently growing. I already have my generation 2 lid ready when the time comes to transfer to the Grobo.

3 Likes