1st grow in my Grobo

Is this why some say to use Hydroguard, the mold and things? I have no idea, just I have some as so many said to get it.

1 Like

Hydroguard protects from root rot…nothing else.

4 Likes

I was starting to see some root rot on this plant, so I may get some hydroguard.I treated it with some hydrogen peroxide the other day and that did help a lot. Typically in a normal DWC grow in my tent I would just make sure that no light touches inside the black bucket. I’m not sure if I can do this easily in my grobo, tho.

1 Like

Root rot is usually caused by higher water temps in DWC. Light leak to the roots just makes the plant unhappy.

2 Likes

Ah ok, that makes sense. I’ll have to check the temps and see if it fluctuates. Thank you :slight_smile:

I added some hydro guard today even though the roots look ok. Just paranoid about the water temp (mid 70sF). So far she’s looking great!

5 Likes

I gave her a little haircut a couple days ago and now she’s very bushy with several top sites at the same height. I’m going to extend late veg until the top of the plant reaches the second fan.

4 Likes

Looking good! Good job on topping, shes nice and even right now.

3 Likes

Thank you, Todd!

1 Like

🪴 🪴 🪴

6 Likes

I found some larvae in the coco pod today. I figured it was laid by a fungus gnat. I treated the coco pod with hydrogen peroxide and water and I also put a sticky sheet in there as well.

1 Like

Neem Oil will take care of fungus gnats as well. Put a small bowl in the grobo and they’re gone.

3 Likes

Thank you, I may do that as well. I wouldn’t have to spray the coco pod?

2 Likes

Nope. It will attract the fungus gnats and then kill them.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I ordered some neem oil and some mosquito bites which has Bacillus Thuringiensis Subspecies Isrealensis which should kill the larvae as well. So far I don’t seem them anymore on the coco pod, but just want to be sure they’re gone.

1 Like

I keep seeing some of my leaves with rust colored spots that slowly take over the whole leaf. This is mostly happening on the lowest leaves.

From behind the leaf there’s these weird blotches:

It’s hard to see, but near the stem are some of these spots from the front:

Could this be disease or nutrient deficiency?

2 Likes

Can’t wait for my anti fungus gnat kit to arrive. :sweat: 🪱 :weary:

2 Likes

I treated the coco pod with a mixture of neem oil/water/BTI. So far so good. :+1:t2:

1 Like

The more I read into the brown spots on my plant the more I think it’s a calcium deficiency. I’ve added 10ml of cal-mag to see if it improves over time. Is it recommended to use Cal-mag with a Grobo grow?

1 Like