1st Grow -- Grobo Start to Grobo

OPOLAR New Mini USB Powered Desk Fan with 3 Speeds, Strong Airflow but Whisper Quiet, 40° Adjustment, Portable Personal Fan for Desktop Office Table, Small but Mighty-White

(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q7B2QSS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1#Ask)

2 Likes

I then drilled holes in the base to loop over the magnetic hooks.

3 Likes

I’ve ordered the fans, I’ve added hydroguard, but it appears my real problem is water temperature. The room that it is in stays no warmer than 72 degrees, so it’s baffling that the water temps would be so high.

1 Like

Wow, yes. 76 degrees is no bueno but the bulk of your issue is still the dampening off. I am in the same situation as you but came up with a very cheap solution.Easy Water Chiller Setup

1 Like

So it turns out maybe it just took a little while for the temps to settle in. Today is hovering right around 71 degrees.

To help dry out the pod, I squeezed it several times at the bottom and have pried the holder up with these plastic pieces from the Grobo start.

Hopefully the fan will dry the top and sides of the pod. Any advice from anyone is greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

What day overall and what stage?
You may want the plant to be in early veg so it is filling to the medium water level. Or you can take some water out of the tank using the Drain process but just do it for a few seconds. You can lift the lid and watch the water level/sensors as you are draining.

Right now it’s on Day 3/14 of Transition. It’s a 65 day autoflower from Mephisto, so it has already flew through the veg stage. I’ll try to drain a little water tonight and see if that helps. Thank you!

Take a look at your picture underneath the lid. We can see water droplets forming on the underside of the lid which is too much moisture. If water is making it up to the lid it is surely soaking the peat pod. I’d remove some water and wipe dry the lid. Then check it after a couple hours. Hopefully water will not be accumulating up there.

Do you have an extra air stone going or something?

I have the same setup with the new lid and peat pod basket. I just checked mine and the underside is dry.

4 Likes

Wow – great catch there. Only one airstone, but clearly that is just too much water. I’ll remove some and hopefully she’ll dry out and be salvageable.

THANK YOU! I’ll update in a couple of days.

3 Likes

After removing some water and drying the pod out — I’m getting some slight discoloration to the bottom leaves. In general I think the plant is looking healthier today and the dampening off is hopefully an issue of the past.

Thanks for the help and hopefully she perseveres.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for helping me get her back on track! White hairs are beginning to appear, and I’m thinking she’s due for leaf tucking/a trim later on today.

2 Likes

In one of those pics you can see some very purple stems on a couple of the fan leaves. I get this when my air temp falls below 70 degrees.

2 Likes

Oh wow, thank you for noticing that. I’ll be sure to keep my air temperatures higher.

Out of curiosity – what is more important… air temp or water temp?

1 Like

Both are important and both have acceptable ranges. Personally I like air to be 72-82 degrees and water 65-69 degrees.

I have heard others say air range is 65-85 and water 62-70 but you can see similar ranges there. If you fall out of these ranges you WILL see it affecting your plant.

2 Likes

Oh and humidity I keep 50-60% unless it’s flower then lower to 40%.

The stalk is tilting a little. You can use hooks/ties to keep her upright until she gets stronger :+1:

2 Likes

She is exploding in growth! So far all I’ve done is leaf tucking, but I’m beginning to think that more invasive techniques are needed.

She is growing so thick, I’m somewhat worried about airflow and access to light.

3 Likes

Great job! This plant really turned it around.

She is flowering so any high stress techniques will slow down the bud development so keep that in mind. I try to only trim once or twice max once flowering has started but that’s me. You can definitely remove some of the lower fan leaves that aren’t getting exposure to light but the more you trim the more you will need to extend the flowering period. Good luck!

2 Likes

I probably should have done more trimming along the way, but Mephisto only suggested leaf tucking.

When doing a partial harvest — how does the flush work? It seems like my main two or three colas will be ready before the rest.

2 Likes

@Wake,

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like