1st Grow-GrapeGod-Opinions

Thanks! I’ll keep her growing and throw some more pics up in a week or so. Thanks for the feedback/input…it is very much appreciated!

2 Likes

About a week later, not seeing many amber trichomes on top bud sites. I believe there may be a very small amount on the leaves but I’m thinking that I need to see a bit on the buds since this is predominantly for sleep (…assuming I’m thinking about this correctly?). Will let it go another week and then reassess.

5 Likes

Getting there my man, can you post a pic of your plant? Would like to check her out.

Sorry for the delay…lights were off last night so didn’t want to interrupt to take photos!
Here are pics of the canopy and side view (though it’s dark). Did a small amount of lollipop/trim before moving into flowering but really haven’t trimmed/touched it since so there is some small popcorn bud forming/etc but, overall, I think the plant looks healthy. Pistils are almost entirely amber. There is some minor leaf tip yellowing but that seems normal, based on what I’ve seen in other grows. Thanks for checking it out!

IMG_20200721_105422796_HDR|666x500

6 Likes

Bushy indeed, and yes she looks happy. Is that a “light detector” I see inside the door to the left? If so, would love to know which one you chose and how you have it set up to send you notifications.

Hi, yes, I use the aeontec 6-in-1 Multisensor. I used to have it connected to smartthings but after multiple power outages and losing connectivity, I went to hubitat (local control) as my controller. I ran a few USB cables through the grobo back/trap door up beside the reservoir so I could keep the door shut and power various USB devices (fan,humifier,sensors,etc). I also capture my results on Google sheets. I’ll throw some screenshots up

1 Like

This is a luminance, temp, humidity graph I set up on Google sheets for my grobo monitor. I should add that the graph looks a little weird because I had an outage a couple days ago and then yesterday I did a water change so lumens dropped since my sensor gets moved when I drain/fill. Normally, you’d see a stable 12 hours on, 12 hours off.

3 Likes

Very nice, do you receive alerts in real-time if one of the readings is out of spec?

Yes, and hubitat is super flexible with creating your own routines/rules/alerts. You aren’t stuck with the built in roles. Hubitat doesn’t need internet connectivity to keep running either…as long as the home network and hubitat have a power source (battery backup), the routines will continue to run (unlike smartthings) inside the home. I’ve been really liking hubitat, if you couldn’t tell :wink:

3 Likes

I will do some research tonight, it sounds awesome. Thank you for sharing!!

2 Likes

Hi All,
Need a little advice…
My grow has been taking quite a while (day 158 total), I’m well into flowering, waiting for all trichomes to cloud up but it feels like I’ve been stalled. It’s been (14+58) 72 days since 12/12 lighting change. I’ve been using hydroguard since @day 1. Only recently has the grobo been a bit warmer than usual. I decided to check water temp (77 degrees) and take a peek at the roots (pics included). This is really the first time I’ve opened the lid since the first month of my grow to take look at the roots (I know it’s a no-no to get light under there so I’ve avoided it till now). Anyway, I saw very little bubbles, though, the roots are thick and covering the air stone. There are bubbles but they are well under the plant roots (I can’t see much at all from the top of reservoir). Roots look brownish but I’ve also been using recharge throughout the cycle, except for the last drain/fill. There isn’t an overwhelming smell and roots don’t feel overly slimy. Does anyone think I’m at the start of root rot? I’m so close to harvest, I just don’t want to risk it (if I have the onset of root rot). I guess I could flush/harvest, if needed…? Health of the leaves/buds look ok…just very, very slow. I welcome any feedback/thoughts (including @Stephen ). As always, thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I would throw in a second air pump/air stone ASAP. Did you notice any off putting smell coming from inside the reservoir?

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll do that. No real stink/odor coming from the reservoir so I’m happy about that. The water temp, lack of significant bubbles and darkened roots (though it could be from months of recharge) has me somewhat concerned. When I put the air stone in, I may do another drain/fill since it would also drop water temp by about 10+ degrees and get me back to about 65 degrees.

2 Likes

Good call, my next question was “are you/did you run Recharge haha. You beat me to it.

those roots look harsh for sure. Can we see the plant

Thanks Todd
I posted some yesterday but did you want some from specific areas? I can take more.

Please. You posted tops only stalks all dark. Show one of stems and a closer up of a bud site.

1 Like

Wow that’s insane how the roots can look like that but the top does t really show any signs of issues. Gotta be the recharge…

I agree. Definitely strange…That would be nice if it was, in fact, the recharge staining the roots. Going to post some more pics…

Todd, including some pics of top bud sites, just under the top buds and then some underside pics (lots of popcorn buds/growth since I’ve left the plant alone during flower). Thanks for the help/feedback!!

1 Like