1st grow acopulco goldxgorilla glue 1 day 14(5/14 e veg)

Loving the way she’s(hopefully rando seed from a previous bag) looking so far. Gotta get some root rot prevention going on soon. Thanks for looking

7 Likes

Looks great so far! Get that hydroguard before all your good work is lost! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

Yeah luckily there’s a hydro store within 5 min of my house. I see you’re a fellow michigander!!

2 Likes

Wow I thought id never find someone close!

2 Likes

@Richardswang,

• ((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

• ((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling: (:eyes:)

--

:wink: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart::baby:

1 Like

Looking good.

1 Like

Day 27 late veg (4/14)
Started to notice roots turning brown. I know you guys preach hydroguard but it still leaves the bad microbes in the tank. I went and purchased clear rez.

2 Likes

About hydroguard leaving the bad microbes in the tank, that’s a bit of a necessary evil but it’s not as bad as it sounds:

• The goal is to outnumber the bad bacteria (compete for food their source, which is dead organic matter) and eventually kill them off (through starvation)
  • Then, once dead, the bad bacteria also becomes food and eventually all that is left is a dominant culture of bacillus amyloliquefaciens (the stuff in hydroguard)
  • If the conditions that caused the root rot resurface, what’s left should be enough to keep a recurrence at bay; they would defend against the bad bacteria.

About clear rez:

• This is a “quick fix” to get things looking good again but it only lasts a few days since it is chlorine-based. That means you will need to re-apply it every 48-72 hours. That doesn’t sound so bad, but:
  • Since it is chlorine-based that means you should also heed the warning on the #1 and #2 bottles:

There are others here using similar chlorine-based products, so you might find this is the one you prefer and that things work out just fine. I went down a similar avenue, using chlorine instead of hydroguard (tried 3 different products), and then returned to using hydroguard (or an equivalent) as it was much simpler to apply without as much concern for it gassing off (leaving my rez unprotected) or causing an undesirable interaction (such as melted plastic or hazardous fumes) which could potentially affect the warranty (or be cause for repairs) or plant health or have some other negative effect.

EDIT: one other thing that is important to mention. If there is indeed a reaction between the clear rez and one of the other bottles contents – that likely means (some or most of) the chlorine in the clear rez is being used up by that reaction. You could just be wasting the clear rez, in that as the pH bottles dose some fluid it causes the reaction, exhausts the supply of chlorine faster through that reaction, and then negates the benefit of using it in the first place.

4 Likes

Day 46 10/14 transition…She’s tiny but it being my first run in the box I decide to follow the recipe and let her run the course and pray she stretched a lot…next time I’ll be extending veg for sure

4 Likes

- - -

@Richardswang,

• (YouAreDoingAGreatJob): :green_thumb:

• (Unless you want your Little Plant To Flower Early, You May Want To Take Her Out Of The Grobo): :innocent:

- - -

• (#ILoveThisFlower):

--

1 Like

Day 53 (3/39 flower)
She’s a little one probably should’ve extended her veg but got afraid cause I was told the plants the bag seeds came from got up to 8ft tall indoors😳. But i started the clean up process and just gonna let her do her thing

3 Likes

Day 62 12/39 flower. Cant wait to smoke this. Has been a wonderful journey so far

6 Likes

Nice response about the Hydroguard vs Clear Rez!

1 Like

Looks purtttttty! She’s budding up nicely! Good stuff. Has she been stretching at all?

1 Like

The tallest branch is a few inches above the 1st fan. Got afraid of the stretch.(sightings of the plants the seeds are from 8ft indoor​:astonished::astonished:) was told they were stretchers. Next time I’ll know I’m ok to extend veg. If i get an oz I’ll be happy with my first grow around due to the knowledge I’ve acquired through the process.

She’s starting to sugar out. Sorry for the bad zoom in :laughing::laughing:

5 Likes

Here’s a picture to reference how small she is hahaha

4 Likes

Day 74 (24/39 flower)
Getting so close i can almost taste it bahaha still a long way to go though probably gonna have to extend

4 Likes

Twins :dancing_women:

4 Likes

Nice! Thats awesome! Glad to see I’m not the only one with a tiny plant. Probably can get away with extend late veg the both of us!

2 Likes

It’s “bonsai bud” :woman_shrugging:t2::laughing:

1 Like